Alarm Clock after update sucks!

vitgintamr

Reaction score
Use my phone for my alarm clock everyday. It was nice to just lean over and tap the screen to snooze it. Now you have to pay attention to what button your touching or you could dismiss your alarm all together.

Is there anyway around this?

Zregnier

Reaction score
Just hit a volume button. You'll get used to it, I promise.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That 'dismiss' tab is pretty friggin small dude, you can tap anything above that to get the snooze..........or you didn't know that you could tap the time?

Reaction score
Download another alarm clock app?........... There's always a fix for something.

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
Yeah i had the same problem. I ended up shutting of my alarm after the update. I'm used to just wacking the screen anywhere.

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
Alarm clock extreme free is pretty good. It has the increasing volume and big snooze button like the old oem alarm clock did.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got the Bedside Alarm Clock with it was a free app at Android (they do have a free version). It's pretty good too.

dyno

Reaction score
One other thing that sucks with this is they took away my one alarm sound I've been using for years..

hts4215

Reaction score
Actually found a bug in the new ics alarm - after it went off this morning, I tapped the screen to snooze and it kept going off. I then tapped it a few extra times and noticed the popup gone. I no way to stop the alarm except for rebooting.

Reaction score
zxd9 said:
I use this also. I have one alarm for M-F, one for Saturday and one for Sunday. Lots of options and works great.

I like it because I can program in a different song to wake me up everyday of the week and I also like it because you can do odd and even weeks, helps as I have every other Friday off and don't have to worry about the alarm going off... :) also, all I have to do is hit my phone and it snoozes the alarm...

valley_man0505

Reaction score
This change is driving me nuts too. You'd think they could've at least separated the buttons so that one is at the top of the screen and one is at the bottom. My eyesight is VERY bad, especially in the morning when it is still dark and I am still half asleep. I can't even see the difference between the two buttons--it is just one blob. I know that one of these days I am going to hit the wrong button and oversleep for something important. Guess I will have to find an alarm clock app.

Reaction score
valley_man0505 said:
This change is driving me nuts too. You'd think they could've at least separated the buttons so that one is at the top of the screen and one is at the bottom. My eyesight is VERY bad, especially in the morning when it is still dark and I am still half asleep. I can't even see the difference between the two buttons--it is just one blob. I know that one of these days I am going to hit the wrong button and oversleep for something important. Guess I will have to find an alarm clock app.

If you find another app, make sure you go to all apps and disable the stock alarm app :)

blazenlo

Reaction score

I overslept this morning because of this. :angry: