AIR 2.5 on 2.2

Bluehand

Reaction score
Has anyone tried out AIR 2.5 on their Eris (or other model) running 2.2? I'm running Kaos 2.2 v28 atm.

A friend has built an app in AIR and wants to test it out on my phone.
I've been provided access to the install, but figured I'd check first to see if it even runs.

I don't think it's available for public consumption yet, but wondering if it's working OK?

HomidialSpoon

Reaction score
If you'll give me a download link to the application installer, i'll try and run it for you and tell you if it works or not.

OP
B

Bluehand

Reaction score
Thanks, but I couldn't get it to install.
I'd share it, but since my friend had to log into Adobe's site to get it, I better hold off.

I could never get it to install. The the file was (fileName).apk.zip
ES File Explorer would unzip, but it would then be a folder, not a .apk?
I tried with Astro, it wouldn't install.

The person in our area who did get it running used Astro, but they were on an Evo, go figure.

HomidialSpoon

Reaction score
No worries, can you tell me what the is named? I have access to the adobe website and the Pre-release version of Air 2.5 for developers and if he had to log in to the adobe website to get, I'm guessing it is an app that has been put on the app sharing page of their forums. I haven't really done to much with Air but it looks promising and want to do more with it.

OP
B

Bluehand

Reaction score
Here's the name of what I dnld'd from the Adobe site:

Runtime_Device_Froyo_20100802.apk.zip

Let me know if you are able to successfully install it on your Eris, as I'm curious as to why it gave me trouble.

HomidialSpoon

Reaction score
That looks like it is the Installer package for the version of Air 2.5 that they released on the 2nd of this month. Hence the 20100802 at the end, what rom are you running? Because if you're not running Froyo, then Air won't install.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bluehand

Reaction score
what rom are you running?

Kaos 2.2 v28 atm
Not sure why I couldn't get it to install?

I was able to install Flash 10.1, of course only to have it FC my browser, lol. So I'm not sure why this install acted funny - I'm guessing it's something I did wrong tbh.

HomidialSpoon

Reaction score
Hmm that's odd, i don't know why it wouldn't install. I am running KaosFroyo2.2 v31 and that installed perfectly for and allowed me to run apps, adobe released a new version of air yesterday, i updated today and it works along with my apps. I'm not sure why it wouldn't install on your eris.

jhart15063

Reaction score
i dont think this is flash, i think its used to make apps that use your browser in the background.

OP
B

Bluehand

Reaction score
yea we all would love flash ......so any time u guys wanna show us how to download it jus let us know

It's on Adobe's site in an area that requires a login, not available for the public yet. I don't have an account, I was assisting a friend who did and wanted to test the app on a droid. Sorry, no download.