Advanced Task Killer

bh8690

Reaction score
Maybe I just don't understand the app...even when "killing" certain apps, they reappear when open ing up ATK again...these apps include Cardio Training, Locale, Corporate Calender (all the above, I have not opened nor am I running)...anyone can explain?

Also, why does going under menu>settings>applications>running services only show: android keyboard, email and google, even when ATK shows 11 or so running apps?

Finally, can anyone clarify the meaning of the memory remarks at the bottom of the running services screen:
ie Avail 14MB+93MB in 17 Other 46MB in 3

Thx

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe I just don't understand the app...even when "killing" certain apps, they reappear when open ing up ATK again...these apps include Cardio Training, Locale, Corporate Calender (all the above, I have not opened nor am I running)...anyone can explain?

Also, why does going under menu>settings>applications>running services only show: android keyboard, email and google, even when ATK shows 11 or so running apps?

Finally, can anyone clarify the meaning of the memory remarks at the bottom of the running services screen:
ie Avail 14MB+93MB in 17 Other 46MB in 3

Thx

There is no need to kill the onboard apps. Trust me, i had done it for like a week and was like annoyed they kept coming back. Just leave the stock apps there, it won't be an issue. If you really want to see how many programs are running download "taskmanager" that will drive you crazy all day long. Locale has to run to be able to set your location, without it running it would be a pointless app. And lastly i have NO idea why cardio trainer would always be running.

DroidSickness

Reaction score
I read that taskmanager also is bugged and will than make those apps you close open even slower than before.