Advanced Calling Crash

T1125P

Reaction score
Hi all I keep getting SettingsExtns has stopped everytime I open advanced calling and click activate advanced calling. Running Lollipop here and is this a normal thing? Or could it be something I disabled? Even if I have to activate it, it should not crash.

Thanks

OP
T1125P

T1125P

Reaction score
Hi, yes Mobile data is enabled and the app did work with kitkat but it said something like contact your provider or something similar to that, but it did not crash when I clicked on it. Maybe it's a bug I have.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Did you disable any apps named Settings or Settings Storage? When you go into Settings > Apps > Disabled, what all is listed?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
T1125P

T1125P

Reaction score
Just checked nothing with settings I have disabled. I will post some screen shots tomorrow :D

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Have you contacted your carrier to make sure it's enabled? Being that you received that type of message before but never contacted them, the update may require it now in order for it to work properly. I would contact them first and go from there.

S5 tap'n

Wynnded

Reaction score
If my memory serves, you need to log into your VZW account, or register if you haven't already, and enable it there on the site. You'll probably have to dig around as I don't remember where on the website the setting is.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yep, I activated mine through Verizon's website. Just log into your account through your browser and go into your calling features. Mighty be worth trying that first.
Good call @Wynnded !

S5 tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Verizon website states that some phones, including the Droid Turbo, allow you to turn it on directly from your phone. As others have stated, when it first came out last year we had to enable it on the Verizon website first, reboot our phones and then turn the feature ON in the phone settings. Here is their website with all of the instructions:

Advanced Calling 1.0 Verizon Wireless

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Come on guys, he said he HAD it working on KK. WHY YOU NO READ?!?!? So he obviously has it turned on.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Come on guys, he said he HAD it working on KK. WHY YOU NO READ?!?!? So he obviously has it turned on.

The OP wrote: "...the app did work with kitkat but it said something like contact your provider or something similar to that..." It sounds like it was never fully functioning.

OP
T1125P

T1125P

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will go to the Verizon store tomorrow and ask them. I totally forgot that I'm under my bosses account with 5 people :D That can be another reason also. I totally overlooked that haha. But thanks again everyone ^.^

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If you are just a user and not an Account Manager, you cannot enable it yourself, you must contact Verizon. I am a vendor so I have limited access and have to contact my Sales Rep service department to make any changes to my plan. HD Voice (as it is called) is found under calling features, as stated above. This is what gives you the ability to call and use the Internet at the same time on the Motorola and LG G4

Sent from my Verizon G4

OP
T1125P

T1125P

Reaction score
Thanks Jackie I will check with my boss and go to the Verizon store together and enable it if there is no extra charge to do so.