Adobe CEO 'Reconciles' With Apple; Can't Answer Why Poor Flash Support on Android

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I guess I am missing the "lack of support for Android" in reading it appears there is a lack of support for Apple which I could care less about.

I thought the same thing, but then took a different look at the phrasing...
I took it as Android not being optimized for Flash...not the other way around.
Flash has had several major updates since being released last year. And yet, according to many comments I personally have seen/read, Flash is still buggy/laggy on most devices. Not all, but most. The user experience is less than mind-blowing, IMO.
So by taking that route, I ask myself, "Is it Adobe who can't get Flash to work well on Android? Or is Android flawed in being able to support Flash without major drawbacks?"
I want to believe that Google is capable enough of implementing a software like Flash. But who knows....maybe they just don't have their "A" game with this issue.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I don't think flash runs horribly on android at all? All flash videos play flawlessly on my TB and they did on my Incredible, too. There are some minor issues with pressing buttons in flash and games are pretty unplayable, but I still think it's quite amazing that all videos play just as well as any mp4 or Youtube video.

dro855

Reaction score
Yeah, can someone give me some examples/websites where they see poor flash performance, because maybe I'm missing it. Up until now, I always thought the performance was tied to the server hosting the stream, connection speed, and processor speed. I only use a few flash websites constantly and one streams flawlessly even on 3G, while don't even on WiFi. However, the lag is greatly reduced I over my wifi and when I'm clocking 900MHz-1GHz. Is there a flash benchmark site I can test?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
I don't think flash runs horribly on android. I think it runs like flash runs anywhere else... taking into consideration connection (signal type/strength), as well as resources available. I could care less about flash really though. I don't see why so many people saw/see flash as such a key feature. Bottom line flash isn't all that "stable".

One thing I can appreciate about the character(steve jobs) over at Apple, is that atleast he knows about his product. It's annoying when these CEOs who are pretty much just figure heads come out spouting inaccurate data and in many cases just plain fallacies.

blazednova

Reaction score
on my thunderbolt flash works perfectly... i can watch Hulu through the browser with absolutely no lag.. But i am OC'd to 1.86ghz and that probably plays a big part in flash's overall performance.:p

1.86ghz? How can you watch anything on HULU with that? Doesn't the battery die half-way thru the opening commercials?

Just say "A really long extension cord". LOL.

Hahaha, the "poor battery life" issue is way over blown, on froyo I can get 10+ hours running at 1.86ghz with 4g lte enabled. However with gingerbread and sense 3.0 I probably get 5-8 hours. Lol.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

Asperity

Reaction score
Hahaha, the "poor battery life" issue is way over blown, on froyo I can get 10+ hours running at 1.86ghz with 4g lte enabled. However with gingerbread and sense 3.0 I probably get 5-8 hours. Lol.

How is only getting 10+ hours overblowing the battery issue? That's abysmal battery life.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

How is only getting 10+ hours overblowing the battery issue? That's abysmal battery life.

+1....you're dead before you get home from work unless you're living on your charger. Ten hours is horrible.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
10 hours is fairly normal and somewhat good for most smart phones.. I tend to get far more than 10 myself, though. I think my TB gets a good 14-15 hours only OC'd to 1.28 GHZ

Kag Pirate

Reaction score
I guess I am missing the "lack of support for Android" in reading it appears there is a lack of support for Apple which I could care less about.

I thought the same thing, but then took a different look at the phrasing...
I took it as Android not being optimized for Flash...not the other way around.
Flash has had several major updates since being released last year. And yet, according to many comments I personally have seen/read, Flash is still buggy/laggy on most devices. Not all, but most. The user experience is less than mind-blowing, IMO.
So by taking that route, I ask myself, "Is it Adobe who can't get Flash to work well on Android? Or is Android flawed in being able to support Flash without major drawbacks?"
I want to believe that Google is capable enough of implementing a software like Flash. But who knows....maybe they just don't have their "A" game with this issue.

Out of every thing I read I have to agree with this more then anything else.

I was going to get into the fun debate. :p Flash on my stock Droid (OG) Runs well, lag here and there but never really disappointed with it. I go with Flash has issue, Android has issues, to many version of Android and or ROMs. So I just say to many variables. HTML5 is the way,

Side Note: Even with my crack screen I cannot seem to want to give it up in 4 more months.......

blazednova

Reaction score

+1....you're dead before you get home from work unless you're living on your charger. Ten hours is horrible.

lets put it this way, if you were to buy a super car with 700hp would you drive it like a grandma, or would you drive it like a bat out of hell. i, personally, would try to get my moneys worth out of it by going fast, and wouldn't be critical about the fact it gets 14mpg because in the end the trade off is worth it.

okay to clear things up; if i needed long battery life i can pretty easily get 15-18 hours of use with the stock battery on froyo. But i just don't need it to last that long.
BTW i don't mean any of this to come across as an insult or in any way mean.. lol