Adobe CEO 'Reconciles' With Apple; Can't Answer Why Poor Flash Support on Android

Reaction score
This is why Apple doesn't have flash.... Even Adobe is going to HTML5....

Apple was ahead of the curve on this one.... Oh wait, no they weren't, Google was just behind it somehow. I mean isn't Google one of the main partners in HTML5? Why did they insist on putting flash on Android????? I'd rather have great HTML5 support (Like Apple does on Youtube) than this painfully terrible implementation of Flash.

Because html5 was in development and in its infancy whereas flash was/is everywhere. That is why flash was such a no brainer to try to incorporate into android. Yea it may not work the best, but at least the option was out there. Apple didnt give the chance and instead said html5 is the future...well it is.. but I have no regrets being able to access flash on my droid for the past year so please quit hatin.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
hes not hating

Apple was ahead of the curve on this one.... Oh wait, no they weren't, Google was just behind it somehow. I mean isn't Google one of the main partners in HTML5? Why did they insist on putting flash on Android????? I'd rather have great HTML5 support (Like Apple does on Youtube) than this painfully terrible implementation of Flash.

Because html5 was in development and in its infancy whereas flash was/is everywhere. That is why flash was such a no brainer to try to incorporate into android. Yea it may not work the best, but at least the option was out there. Apple didnt give the chance and instead said html5 is the future...well it is.. but I have no regrets being able to access flash on my droid for the past year so please quit hatin.

he has to try to justify owning an iphone somehow :)
i wish i had an iphone.
i need something about that thickness to hold up the corner of this table.

UNC

Reaction score

i wish i had an iphone.

I don't need to justify anything.

Even the CEO of Adobe admits (tangentially) that Android's flash integration is not up-to-snub... The people saying that it runs perfectly are the ones trying to justify something, just like the people that say their Thunderbolt's battery lasts "20+ hours" or the iPhans that say "I didn't have the Death Grip".

Unlike many people here, I am not bound to any one corporation, and I do not make up things to make my device of choice look better. I call it how I see it, and if you don't like it. Well!

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

i wish i had an iphone.

Even the CEO of Adobe admits (tangentially) that Android's flash integration is not up-to-snub... The people saying that it runs perfectly are the ones trying to justify something, just like the people that say their Thunderbolt's battery lasts "20+ hours" or the iPhans that say "I didn't have the Death Grip".

Unlike many people here, I am not bound to any one corporation, and I do not make up things to make my device of choice look better. I call it how I see it, and if you don't like it. Well!

Lol...another classic is "ive never experienced any lag ever on android" or iphans saying "we have sixty five trillion apps!!"

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
man

i wish i had an iphone.

if you really took offense than there may really be a problem :)
he probably wasnt trying to cover it up he probably really has no idea hes a face, probably has no idea whats going on :)
man were joking about the iphone we really could care less. i would never buy an apple product even if they put android or something better on it. when a top exec covers up a faulty release product, attempts to sell you a 30 dollar product they made soley to fix their known issue than tell you you are hollding it wrong. is a company that wont see my money period.

the original purchase of the droid was not even an android ios or apple issue. it was a att continued to have poorer and poorer service for me and the droid was the best thing verizon had at the time.
it was the iphone 4 release(after i was on android) that caused me to put apple on my never buy list nothing to do with android or ios it is simpley the companies attitude. same with motorola. you dont like it shop elswhere and i did and will , did this have to do with not locking bootloaders it did on the front of phones now. if motorola does indeed unlock in the future it doesnt matter i wont own another motorola product simpley because of the attitude they showed toward their customers. stating we sorry but this is what we think is besxzt for us is fine. telling your customers if you dont like it than go elsewhere shows the attitude of the company toward their customers, without customers you have no business and it seems most companies have forgotten this. and no i dont think i will change their attitudes but i feel better about it and thats all that matters. if you are happy with the iphone than thats cool. but i over all have had no problems watching flash on my phones. and it has nothing to do with justifying or lying if it didnt work id be the first one *****ing as i was when it ws promised and verizon continued to delay froo release(which is what got me into this whole damn custom rom thing ) in the first place damn you verizon :)
Htc is really the first company i have seen that openly came out and admitted the problems, which is a big step in the right direction.
ok now i have to go to my aunts and figure out what the ota did to her droid x. apparetnly it killed it. but im hoping its just user error since i really dont know alot about the droid x :)

UNC

Reaction score
i wish i had an iphone.

he probably wasnt trying to cover it up he probably really has no idea hes a face, probably has no idea whats going on :)
man were joking about the iphone we really could care less. i would never buy an apple product even if they put android or something better on it. when a top exec covers up a faulty release product, attempts to sell you a 30 dollar product they made soley to fix their known issue than tell you you are hollding it wrong. is a company that wont see my money period.

the original purchase of the droid was not even an android ios or apple issue. it was a att continued to have poorer and poorer service for me and the droid was the best thing verizon had at the time.
it was the iphone 4 release(after i was on android) that caused me to put apple on my never buy list nothing to do with android or ios it is simpley the companies attitude. same with motorola. you dont like it shop elswhere and i did and will , did this have to do with not locking bootloaders it did on the front of phones now. if motorola does indeed unlock in the future it doesnt matter i wont own another motorola product simpley because of the attitude they showed toward their customers. stating we sorry but this is what we think is besxzt for us is fine. telling your customers if you dont like it than go elsewhere shows the attitude of the company toward their customers, without customers you have no business and it seems most companies have forgotten this. and no i dont think i will change their attitudes but i feel better about it and thats all that matters. if you are happy with the iphone than thats cool. but i over all have had no problems watching flash on my phones. and it has nothing to do with justifying or lying if it didnt work id be the first one *****ing as i was when it ws promised and verizon continued to delay froo release(which is what got me into this whole damn custom rom thing ) in the first place damn you verizon :)
Htc is really the first company i have seen that openly came out and admitted the problems, which is a big step in the right direction.
ok now i have to go to my aunts and figure out what the ota did to her droid x. apparetnly it killed it. but im hoping its just user error since i really dont know alot about the droid x :)

Well, I am so used to people just blindly bashing the iPhone that I can't see any hint of facetiousness in the posts that are meant that way....

Anyhow, if flash works fine for you, that's cool... But it hasn't worked fine for me on any android device. It is a choppy mess. With that being said, I realize that they needed something to differentiate iOS and Android, Flash was it.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
nah

Well, I am so used to people just blindly bashing the iPhone that I can't see any hint of facetiousness in the posts that are meant that way....

Anyhow, if flash works fine for you, that's cool... But it hasn't worked fine for me on any android device. It is a choppy mess. With that being said, I realize that they needed something to differentiate iOS and Android, Flash was it.

nah we arent all basher :) but when android was being announced with flash it was actaully thought that ios wsa getting flash also at that time it wasnt until later that apple decided to squash flash.
its jsut apple user itunes as google uses its cloud , but i have a feeling its nothing compared ot what we are gonna see. its just fun. and if it wsant for iphone and or android neither of them would be as good as they are today. or will get. so its good to have 2 very popular os's for the phones. than theres ms phone 7 or whatever. not sure ms will ever catch up but it will keep pushing android and ios so thats a good thing.
as with the processors, samsung,snapdragon,ompa,tegra all these will keep it coming better and better. obviously at some point at least 1 of these will probably drop out. and it probably wont be the worse one. i think samsung seems to have a darn good chip maybe even the most powerful but they are knda late and with the competition may have problems branching out past their own stuff but it keeps gettting interesting . how powerful can something that fits in your pocket be. . already more than desktop computers just a few years ago.

UNC

Reaction score
nah we arent all basher :) but when android was being announced with flash it was actaully thought that ios wsa getting flash also at that time it wasnt until later that apple decided to squash flash.
its jsut apple user itunes as google uses its cloud , but i have a feeling its nothing compared ot what we are gonna see. its just fun. and if it wsant for iphone and or android neither of them would be as good as they are today. or will get. so its good to have 2 very popular os's for the phones. than theres ms phone 7 or whatever. not sure ms will ever catch up but it will keep pushing android and ios so thats a good thing.
as with the processors, samsung,snapdragon,ompa,tegra all these will keep it coming better and better. obviously at some point at least 1 of these will probably drop out. and it probably wont be the worse one. i think samsung seems to have a darn good chip maybe even the most powerful but they are knda late and with the competition may have problems branching out past their own stuff but it keeps gettting interesting . how powerful can something that fits in your pocket be. . already more than desktop computers just a few years ago.

I agree with everything you said here.

Nvidia is the chip-maker that will fall out of it. I don't know if they have the market capital ($11b for Nvidia) to hang in there with Qualcomm ($95b) and TI($40b). Apple and Samsung will be fine. They use their own chips.

XMasterMoronX

Reaction score
Flash is usually bad but a while ago I streamed south park from justin.tv for about an hour straight and it played beautifully. It was like a once in a lifetime miracle

blazednova

Reaction score
on my thunderbolt flash works perfectly... i can watch Hulu through the browser with absolutely no lag.. But i am OC'd to 1.86ghz and that probably plays a big part in flash's overall performance.:p

UNC

Reaction score
on my thunderbolt flash works perfectly... i can watch Hulu through the browser with absolutely no lag.. But i am OC'd to 1.86ghz and that probably plays a big part in flash's overall performance.:p

1.86ghz? How can you watch anything on HULU with that? Doesn't the battery die half-way thru the opening commercials?

Just say "A really long extension cord". LOL.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
dont know about hulu

1.86ghz? How can you watch anything on HULU with that? Doesn't the battery die half-way thru the opening commercials?

but man netflix sure drains the battery on the droid :)

UNC

Reaction score

but man netflix sure drains the battery on the droid :)

Oh yeah, I think netflix has something weird going on... Maybe constant DRM checks are killing the battery.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess I am missing the "lack of support for Android" in reading it appears there is a lack of support for Apple which I could care less about.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I mean does the iphone even have flash yet?

I agree though....would love to get some HTML5 love.