Adding video to the Bionic

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by jstwondrng, Sep 12, 2011.

1. jstwondrng

jstwondrng Member

Ratings:
    +7
    All,

I'm still luv'n my Bionic (despite the SD card/App issue). I have movies I want to add to my Bionic and need assistance in putting them on the device. When I had the OG Droid, I kinda recall having to put video in a specific folder. Is that the case with this phone as well? I explored the SD card for a "Video" folder, but didn't see any. Any suggestions?

Also, do movies need to be in a specific format? The one movie I want to put on my phone is in a .wmv format.

jstwondrng

2. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    JST,

As to the formats, perhaps check the specifications on the phone per the manual. I do know that mp4's work just fine, and I like the format because it is a little more universal.

I created a Video subdirectory on my actual sd card (sd-ext) and place my videos there, or move them from the phones internal. Both the stock Gallery apk and the 3D Gallery apk find them there with no issues. I like my music, photos and videos on the actual card, in case the phone takes a dump. I really do not want to return a phone with any personal "stuff" sitting on sd (internal), in the event such a phone dump renders the system unreachable.

Craig

3. jstwondrng

jstwondrng Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Hi Craig,

Thanks! I'll use your suggestions and check it out tonight... Hoping it works!

jstwondrng

4. NotTechnical

NotTechnical New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same Problem

I have two movies in MP4 format on my laptop that I would like to put on my Bionic but there is no folder for them. The only two folders I see are dcim (camera) and LOST.DIR (no idea). I just got it yesterday so please tell me if there is something wrong or how to transfer these movies FROM my laptop ONTO my droid. As far as the answer that was already posted on this thread I do not know how to create a new directory. I tried editing the folders from Astro, created a new folder but it didn't show up, just those two folders every time. Someone please help! Thanks!

5. endobrian

endobrian Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, just make a dir on the SD called "videos", then reboot. Gingerbread will scan the SD for vids when you reboot.

6. NotTechnical

NotTechnical New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Should I make the directory when Im viewing it on my laptop or droid?

7. NotTechnical

NotTechnical New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeaahh still not seeing the videos. Come on this shouldnt be that difficult should be drag and drop wtf is the problem here?

8. jstwondrng

jstwondrng Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I did some research and it appears you have to put videos in the following location "Removable Storage" > Mobile > Video

Now, I've tried to convert a .wmv file to the specified file format for the Bionic without success. It would be interesting to see if anyone has had any luck doing so....

jstwondrng

9. NotTechnical

NotTechnical New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Should that location be there already in my sd card or can i make it myself?

10. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well, I created a Video subdirectory on my sd card (sd-ext) called Video, and it is not nested under Mobile, so for the actual card I am not needing the mobile parent directory. I do know that the mobile/video, mobile/music etc. is a remanant of the Moto sync program that I ran for a while on my D1, that that program was mostly a boat anchor.

Craig

11. NotTechnical

NotTechnical New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I appreciate the help but like my name says im not technical. What i really need is a "putting movies on your bionic for idiots" guide and id be ridiculously grateful to anyone who cou
    ld supply one...

12. jstwondrng

jstwondrng Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I'm finding that "Video" folder when I connect the Bionic using "PC Mode". When I go into "My Computer", I see the Droid Bionic as a drive. If you double-click the bionic icon, you will see a Removable Storage device. After double-clicking this, a list of folders will appear. Within this listing, there is a folder entitled "Mobile". In the "Mobile" folder, you will see four folders Music, Picture, Podcast and Video. From what I've read online, this is where you want to put your movies. See photo below:

View attachment 40267

jstwondrng

Search tags for this page
droid bionic movie format
droid bionic supported video formats

droid bionic video format

droid bionic video formats supported
how do i put videos on my droid bionic
how to put movies on my droid bionic
how to put video on droid bionic
video format for droid bionic
what video format does droid bionic support