Clearing my phone number from Bionic

shankomatic

Reaction score
I have a Bionic that was recently replaced by a new phone. I want to sell the Bionic. I formatted the SD card and performed a factory reset. If I power up the Bionic it initializes and says my phone is now active and displays my phone number. Is this normal? Can this be cleared?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
The factory reset put your phone in an out of the box state. When you turned it back on it reactivated to the network. You should only see that message on the first boot after a reset.

You'll have to remove the sim or go on the Verizon website and deactivate it/ replace it when your new phone.

Factory reset again after you do either of those.

Sent from my Razr HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Take your SIM card out before you sell. The new buyer will have to get a new SIM from a Verizon store. They are free. I have sold several used phones, we hen they boot up without a SIM and your new phone is active it will force the buyer to have a SIM and enter their account info.

OP
S

shankomatic

Reaction score
Take your SIM card out before you sell. The new buyer will have to get a new SIM from a Verizon store. They are free. I have sold several used phones, we hen they boot up without a SIM and your new phone is active it will force the buyer to have a SIM and enter their account info.

Thanks for the info everyone

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You are welcome. I forgot to mention that taking the SIM card out should clear your phone number form the display when you turn the phone on. Your number is tied to that SIM. Also why the new buyer has to put their own SIM card in when they buy it.