Adding Memory

garyiden

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase more memory for a Droid phone? I'd like to increase from the 16GB to at least 32 or even 64GB. I haven't found a card yet. Anyone? Bueller???

Thanks in advance.
g

KevinJ

Reaction score
Yeah, you can put more memory in the phone. It's just a micro-SD card.

I haven't looked into it recently, but I don't believe there's a 64 gig card out there. I do know that a 16 gig card is around $50, and if you can find a 32, I think they're around $100.

But like I said, I haven't looked in a while.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase more memory for a Droid phone? I'd like to increase from the 16GB to at least 32 or even 64GB. I haven't found a card yet. Anyone? Bueller???

Thanks in advance.
g

I don't know if it is available yet but there has been plenty of talk about a 32GB card.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You can find 32Gb micro cards for about $230....But you have to look...

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be technical, but putting in a larger SD card does not increase the Droid's "memory." It increases its storage. Unlike the iPhone the Droid cannot access its storage as "memory."

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be technical, but putting in a larger SD card does not increase the Droid's "memory." It increases its storage. Unlike the iPhone the Droid cannot access its storage as "memory."

Yet ;)
10 char

CatsTide

Reaction score
too technical...the OP was referring to an sd card. :icon_ banana:

OP
garyiden

garyiden

Reaction score

Thanks in advance.
g

I don't know if it is available yet but there has been plenty of talk about a 32GB card.

My bad, I didn't mean "memory" I meant storage. Thanks for clearing that up for me :)