adding custom ringtone to my vortex

tuneupman

Reaction score
hi all, i am new and have been trying to add ringtones to my vortex. i added a new folder named it ringtones and went in with my computer and put all my ringtones in that folder. unplugged usb cable and went to look for them and nothing. they are all mp3s i went back and deleted the ringtone file and created the same under the media file on the memory card. i pau all the ringtones there and they just kept disappearing. last thing i did was try one at a time and i was able to put in one ringtone into the media file and use it for my wifes ringtone. now it wont work again. can anyone direct me to a site that explains how to do this or tell me how?
thanx
dave

Seabee

Reaction score
Download ringdroid and to save as a ringtone save under notification

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums App

OP
T

tuneupman

Reaction score
hey all, i got it to work. first i must tell you that the memory card i had was bad and kept loosing all the files. so i got a new one and this worked for me. i think it may work for more then just the lg vortex. on the sd card in the file named slacker is a file called media. in the media file i created a file called audio(or it was already there). in the audio file i created 3 files named alarms, notifications and ringtones. in each of these files i put the mp3s i wanted to use. at this point i restarted the phone and all the sounds are there. since i hace created a few more mp3s and put them into the phone no problem. i hope this helps others

CSJack813

Reaction score
I used a different way

I time-edited the .mp3's I wanted with Audacity (which I've used for a few years), and saved them to my music folder on the computer. Then, synced my Vortex with Media Player and put the edited tunes on my phone's music list. Just opened Music app from the phone and pressed long until it asked me to use it (them) as ringtone(s). Picked each contact and edited them to use a specific ringtone. :blink: Some may see it as more work, but I'm an old technician and am used to these tools.

Haven't tried Ringdroid yet.