Add or remove words from autocomplete file?

pjo1966

Reaction score
I was just wondering if it was possible to view and edit the file the Droid uses for auto-correcting text. If so, my number one task would be to delete the word "Alps", so it stops automatically dropping that in whenever I type "apps". There are other changes I'd like to make, but that's a big one.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
As far as I know, you can't remove words that were preprogrammed, but you can add a word any time. When typing, if the word you're trying to use, like app or apps shows up in black next to the red word on the list of options, long press it until it says saved. Alps no longer gives me trouble. Apps apps apps. All I did there was type apps. Yay! Haha!

To edit the list of words you've inputted/saved, go to settings>language and keyboard>user dictionary.

Hope that helps!

jaeteraa

Reaction score
I can't find any filepath to the user dictionary on the Eris. Anyone know about this?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I can't find any filepath to the user dictionary on the Eris. Anyone know about this?

Did you try settings, language and keyboard? I tight that part of the os was the same...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jaeteraa

Reaction score
Did you try settings, language and keyboard? I tight that part of the os was the same.

There isn't a language & keyboard section under settings.

I found that if you go to Locale & Text > Touch Input > Text Input, you can turn text prediction on or off, but it doesn't give you an option to delete anything you might have accidentally entered in the dictionary.