Actual Google Play Store Gift Cards in $10 & $25 Denominations Maybe Coming August

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-play-cards-2.jpeg

Now here's an interesting new direction that Google is taking to increase business in the Google Play Store. The above pics are of physical Google Play Store gift cards that are likely to come to market as early as the end of this month. The cards shown are in $10 and $25 denominations. Also, according to the source of these pics, we are likely to see digital versions of these available soon too.

This is actually a brilliant move by Google for a number of reasons. This allows folks who prefer gift cards for digital purchases instead of buying things individually. It's also nice for the convenience of buying gifts for loved ones. Share your thoughts.

Source: AndroidCentral

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I would love to have a gift giving option.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have been waiting for these since the beginning .

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I like these. I know .99c isn't much, but I prefer to use prepaid stuff like this instead of my bank account. I will happily buy a $25 one just to have that on my account for future purchases.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I was wondering when this was going to happen. Go Google!

acousticshade

Reaction score
Yeeeesssssss. Finally. Haven't bought an iTunes card since I started boycotting apple & this gives me an alternative. Going to give & ask for these this Christmas. Goodby iTunes...porting over to Google now.

jillybeargirl

Reaction score
I don't think I will be buying anymore music from the play store... I just read where you can only download a song twice. What if both of my devices I have downloaded it to crap out? Then the only way I will be able to access the music is from streaming it from Google Play? Not impressed...

Guess these would be fine for other things like apps but I am okay with how I have it set-up right now.