Accessing Files on server

efjbdejong

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering how I can access files on my windows 2003 server (from my company) thru the Droid.
Is that even possible to actually browse our server thru a 3g connection?

Which app should I use for this , or is it standard in the Droid?

thanx in advance,

Eric
the netherlands

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering how I can access files on my windows 2003 server (from my company) thru the Droid.
Is that even possible to actually browse our server thru a 3g connection?

Which app should I use for this , or is it standard in the Droid?

thanx in advance,

Eric
the netherlands

How is your company's network connected to the Internet? In other words, if you're on your home PC and want to do the same thing, do you have to VPN in, or some other method? Also, what kind of rights do you have on the server?

If your corporate firewall passes the Remote Desktop port (hopefully mapped to a different port for a little more obscurity) and if you have local logon and remote control rights to the server, then the Remote Desktop app by Xtralogic (paid $20) in the Market works very well. While I've not used the feature yet, it does enable SD card redirection over the RDP link (like a PC would), so you can transfer files back and forth as well as using the remote control.

Hope this helps.

that.one.guy

Reaction score
VPN Access

Hi, I'm having the same issue. I have access to a vpn and I can connect just fine form my PC. But I was wondering if I can access files from my android via VPN. I've used File Expert and Astro trying to connect a SMB connection to the IP address, but that didn't work. So I guess I was wondering if there is a step by step configuration page some where that I could look at or if some one can explain what I'm doing wrong or if it's even possible the way I am doing it. Thank you.