Access SIII via PC??

JFrawls

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is an app out there that allows you to manage your device while connected to the PC USB? I want to be able to send/view texts from my computer, maybe access other applications on the phone.

I looked around and I don't think AirDroid or Kies really do what I want, they use wifi networks, I want to be able to plug it in and access it that way.
:greendroid:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Does anyone know if there is an app out there that allows you to manage your device while connected to the PC USB? I want to be able to send/view texts from my computer, maybe access other applications on the phone.

I looked around and I don't think AirDroid or Kies really do what I want, they use wifi networks, I want to be able to plug it in and access it that way.
:greendroid:

There's nothing out there that I'm aware of that will let you fully control your phone from a computer. Some Motorola devices have Webtop, which when paired with a lapdock, turns into a laptop of sorts powered by the phone. You have access to everything on the phone, including all calls, texts, and apps. But that's a proprietary Motorola app, and there's nothing like it for S3.

I can help you out with sending and viewing texts on your computer though. Mighty Text allows you to view/send texts on your phone from a computer's web browser. I use it all the time, and it works great. I have the Chrome plugin, and I actually get a notification on my computer before my ringtone goes off on my phone with incoming messages. The only downside is that viewing a text in the browser doesn't mark it as viewed on your phone, so you'll still have a notification on your device, but I think that's a minor trade off for what the app is able to do.

OP
JFrawls

JFrawls

Reaction score
I figured as much, but thought I might be missing out on some small niche that allows for it. I've been using Google voice to send/read text from the computer but it uses the google voice# so everyone always asks if it a new #, or who is this?? lol

Thanks for the feedback though!!!:biggrin:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I figured as much, but thought I might be missing out on some small niche that allows for it. I've been using Google voice to send/read text from the computer but it uses the google voice# so everyone always asks if it a new #, or who is this?? lol

Thanks for the feedback though!!!:biggrin:

Definitely look at Mighty Text then. It uses your Verizon number. Everything is sent and received via the phone, you can just control it through a web browser. It's nice when the phone is right with you, but it's really nice if you leave your phone at home or in another room. As long as your phone is on and connected to the internet, it works. I like being able to text while in a meeting and it looks like I'm taking notes. :)

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
OP
JFrawls

JFrawls

Reaction score
Yeah USB mass storage isn't going to help in this case. I looked into the Mighty Text suggestion, which is actually pretty bada$$... I don't think I'm going to be using it though since the signal at my job is THE worst so I turn off data in order for my battery to survive the day, when I leave data on my phone is dead by lunch time.

For the time being it looks like I'm going to be sticking with Google Voice