Access Pictures on SD Card

joebxr

Reaction score
May I apologize first if this has been discussed...I searched and could not find answers. I have bunch of pics on SD card. Downloaded ASTRO, but still cannot access the pics...what the heck is this noobie doing wrong. I might as well also ask, is there a way to assign one of those pics as a grpahic for a contact (used to be able to do that on my LG Voyager). Thanks for any help and patience...had the phone all of about 3 hours now.

boatman2220

Reaction score
With Astro look in the folder DCIM. You can make folders inside that folder to store different pictures. Also go to a blank spot on the screen, touch and hold down for a short while and a screen pops up, touch wallpaper and picture when that screen pops up. You can see the picture there. I'm still learning about this phone also. Don't give up on it keep poking around with it and reading the forums.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you took the pictures with your phone they'll be in the 'DCIM' folder on your SD card.

If you downloaded the pictures they will be in the folder 'download'

If they're saved from MMS they'll either be in the 'Handcent > download' folder (provided you have handcent)
.... 'Saved MMS' folder if you have the app "Save MMS"

I don't use the stock messaging app so I dunno what folder that creates on the SD card.