Accelerometer/screen issue

c1im8er

Reaction score
Hello friendly DroidForums members,

I have recently started to have accelerometer/screen problems. I can't pinpoint when they started but I don't feel like the accelerometer was as much of an issue before Froyo. The selection/highlighting issue may have been there before Froyo.

1. When the phone is laying flat on a table (ex. when charging): I am notified of a new text message. I swipe down to open the notification screen. I select the new message notification to open the messaging application (stock). The screen recognizes the touch (the selection is highlighted) and the screen immediately switches to landscape mode. Even though I have selected the messaging app, the notification screen remains pulled down with the orange highlight (indicating the button is pressed) stays lit. It requires another press to open the messaging application. Note that the whole time the phone has remained flat on the table. In order to reset the screen I have to pick it up and hold it almost vertical. This gets quite annoying after a while.

2. I've noticed that it sometimes requires holding the phone almost vertically or giving it a small shake in order to turn the screen from landscape to portrait in general.

3. Very often when returning to the home screen, an icon, folder, or the dots to either side of the bottom of the screen are highlighted orange as if I was in the middle of pressing one of them. It requires a tap on a clear portion of the screen to clear the highlighting.

4. I almost forgot- sometimes when scrolling down a list or web page, suddenly the list will quickly scroll to the bottom as if I had made a flicking motion. This is also annoying- having to scroll all the way back to where I was to find what I was looking for.

Has anyone else had this problem or do I have a defective accelerometer and/or screen? My warranty will soon be expiring and I don't want to be stuck with a broken phone or a condition that could deteriorate to broken.

Please note: I don't want to get a "free upgrade" to a Droid 2, Incredible, X, etc. I just want my Droid 1 to work properly and the above issues make for a less than enjoyable experience.

Thanks for any help!

OP
C

c1im8er

Reaction score
Getting more aggravating....

Hi friendly fellow droidforums members. This problem is getting more and more annoying. Is there really no one else out there experiencing this issue?

b_salgado

Reaction score
I am having the screen orientation issue only. I don't get any phantom button highlights. You are correct though.... it is a but annoying to have to give the phone a slight shake to get it to turn.