Accelerometer Problem

MJKneuro

Reaction score
So my Incredible won't switch from portrait to landscape mode or back when I rotate the phone. Occasionally when in portrait it will switch to landscape and then I can't get it back.
Tried a soft reboot and recalibrating the sensor.... No help. Uninstalled the last program loaded - no benefit - hoping not to have to do a hard reset....​

pnahre

Reaction score
Having the same problem with my Incredible. Any help would be appreciated.

kmo

Reaction score
You may have this done already, do you have your "orientation" box checked? Menu/settings/sound & display/orientation. Sorry if you already have this done but figured I'd start with the obvious starting point to trouble shooting this.

robdroid

Reaction score
You may have this done already, do you have your "orientation" box checked? Menu/settings/sound & display/orientation. Sorry if you already have this done but figured I'd start with the obvious starting point to trouble shooting this.

Yes make sure the setting is set! Then just below that is "G-sensor calibration" do a calibration to make sure your sensors are in proper working order! Also these android phones no matter the maker are a kin to computers! maybe you want to de-power your pocket PC remove battery say 30 seconds or so with it unplugged then replace the battery re-power your pocket PC and then do as stated above!

pnahre

Reaction score

I called Verizon and they instructed me to do a factory reset on the phone. This worked and all is well now.

ltkjr

Reaction score
So my Incredible won't switch from portrait to landscape mode or back when I rotate the phone. Occasionally when in portrait it will switch to landscape and then I can't get it back.
Tried a soft reboot and recalibrating the sensor.... No help. Uninstalled the last program loaded - no benefit - hoping not to have to do a hard reset....
I was an early user and had the same problem. Verzion offered to replace the phone after talking to tech support. The fix is a "Factor Reset"

Good luck!

psycho_maniac

Reaction score
i still have this problem? any ideas on what to do? i just replaced my blown speaker.

mesii23

Reaction score
Anyone having an issue with the phone sticking in landscape mode. I find I will open apps and it will pop up in landscape mode and won't rotate to portrait.

Today I have the opposite problem. It won't go into landscape mode, noticed it when using the YouTube app today

Sent from my 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S III using Forum Runner

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Not I Sir...
Try a battery pull, hard reset...
And accelerometer calibration.

mesii23

Reaction score
Recalibrated it and problem seems to be solved. Thanks for the suggestions

Sent from my 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S III using Forum Runner