ABILITY To Hide Apps

Brad91

Reaction score
Did the ability to hide unwanted preinstall apps aka bloatware disappear with the update to ics 4.0 because all of those annoying abs are there again and I can't get rid of them

altjx

Reaction score
Not sure. However, GO Launcher EX is a popular launcher (which I currently use), and it supports this. You may want to give it a shot. There's a lot of cool features in it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Not only can you hide them in ICS, but you can also completely disable them from running at all.

Open your app drawer, long press on an app you'd like to hide, and and drag it to the top of the screen where it says "More options." Then select "App info" from the pop-up box. From there, you'll have one of two options in the top right hand corner. It will say "uninstall updates" or "disable." If it says "disable," go ahead and disable it. It will now be hidden from your app drawer and it won't run because it's completely frozen. If it says "uninstall updates," go ahead and uninstall the updates. After that finishes, the box will now say "disable."

GSdub510

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
Not only can you hide them in ICS, but you can also completely disable them from running at all.

Open your app drawer, long press on an app you'd like to hide, and and drag it to the top of the screen where it says "More options." Then select "App info" from the pop-up box. From there, you'll have one of two options in the top right hand corner. It will say "uninstall updates" or "disable." If it says "disable," go ahead and disable it. It will now be hidden from your app drawer and it won't run because it's completely frozen. If it says "uninstall updates," go ahead and uninstall the updates. After that finishes, the box will now say "disable."

How do you hide them? Like the emergency alert one, you can't disable it.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
How do you hide them? Like the emergency alert one, you can't disable it.

There are some that you can't disable if your phone is stock. The emergency app is one of them. If they can't be disabled, they can't be hidden (again, if you're stock). If they can be disabled, they'll automatically be hidden.

GSdub510

Reaction score
So since im on stock, I can't hide any app I want. Got it