A Root Toolkit to let you do what you want with your Razr minus unlock Bootloader!

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Its in market, search ota rootkeeper its free and less than a mb.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

CBdubz

Reaction score
After i root the phone what do i need to do after? if i dont wanna install roms do i need to safestrap or bootstrap?

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Bootstrap would be useful for nandroid backups, but safestrap isn't worth the hassle

Reaction score
OTA rootkeeper does much better.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

Better than what? This is a all in one utility that does everything you need. This utility installs the exact app you mention without having to go to the market so exactly how is your recommendation better? How can you compare one single function app to a utility that does that and more?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
Seriously bad taste regarding the two completely unnecessary comments included in the utility (see blurred image below - or go to DroidRzr for the real thing). The Dev lost respect from me and has no chance of me either donating or supporting and promoting unless that crap at the bottom is removed.

*(blanked out on this thread above - thank you Mods...but sits clear for all - including children to see on other sites)*

View attachment 47259

The two comments in question are references to actual hashtags associated with Twitter. They are not the words of the dev himself and should have no impact on whether or not his work is supported.

I honestly don't think too many kids are going around reading about android so that is a non issue. Besides kids can see much worse posted on fb.

Remember, it is not the authors job to censor his work but the parents job to monitor what their kids access.

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So when I root my.phone.I need to bootstrap it for safety?
You certainly do not need boostrap for safety. You will always have restore to 6.11.748 in this utility to bring you back

skylarmb

Reaction score
Oh the innocence of the mind...

Seriously bad taste regarding the two completely unnecessary comments included in the utility (see blurred image below - or go to DroidRzr for the real thing). The Dev lost respect from me and has no chance of me either donating or supporting and promoting unless that crap at the bottom is removed.

*(blanked out on this thread above - thank you Mods...but sits clear for all - including children to see on other sites)*

View attachment 47259

Hey! Look! Here is a picture of all the people who care! (click to enlarge), and heres a link just in case! imgur: the simple image sharerView attachment 47308

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hey! Look! Here is a picture of all the people who care!

So you speak for the rest of the world? Frankly I prefer innocence of mind to ignorance of mind (yours, and the ones who created the hashtags to begin with), thank you. I now realize it was hashtags though I was unaware at the time (innocence), and that Matt didn't create the hashtags himself. Anyway, he and I have settled our differences, the hashtags are removed and so the problem has been resolved and I believe Matt and his Rootkit are better for it.

What is interesting is that your very first post (yeah, Droid Newbie) is you jumping on the flame train. That may be indicative of what is to come, though I certainly hope not. For your benefit, see THIS.

Last edited:

penut_gallery

Reaction score
UimIA.png

Razr users you now have a super easy utility to help you in your hacking and modding ventures. XDA member Mattlgroff has released his very handy toolkit which allows you to not only gain root but do so much more! We have seen several root toolkits pop up over the last month or so, a few of which have been covered here such as the Wugfresh Gnex toolkit and the Kindle fire toolkit. This Toolkit allows you to do alot of the same without having the knowledge of setting up an SDK and using ADB. Thats Pretty cool if you aske me!

What can you do with this toolkit? Well the picture above pretty clearly explains! You can restore (without the use of RSDlite! heck yea) you can root with one easy tap of the keyboard!, you can install voodoo's ota rootkeeper app which is very handy for motorola devices since moto is very good at locking down their handsets with every firmware release, install bootstrap recovery, and tons of other super handy things.

You will want to be sure to check it out! via XDA

this is probably a dumb question and the answer should be obvious but still....
how and where can i get one for my droid?