a place to watch movies

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Is there a website to watch movies online for free?...there was a website I went to that I forgot the name, but u could watch movies for free that were still in the theatre and other older movies

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
There used to be a crackle app for Android. However that's about as much information of providing free movies you'll get from here.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Where did that theatr link go? I found this thread to look up that site again and it's gone.... It's not like it was illegal.why'd u take it away? That could've benefited many people
Did it have leaked movies? Pirating of any kind or any access to "free" content isn't really tolerated on this site.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The link has been removed, we don't allow links to pirated material, or pirated material here. :)

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It's a shame that had to be explained. Common sense really.
There are some forums where other users will gladly help others out with this topic. On this board though it is definitely looked down upon and something I personally don't practice. There are so many different companies offering online TV/movies and the selections are great, no need to participate in illegal activities.

Jehu

Reaction score
Free streaming movies doesn't necessarily mean pirated. They could be ad-supported. I agree that asking about it and discussing the subject doesn't indicate a lack of common sense. I would like to know if there is such a legitimate service. jmho

jwilly216

Reaction score
Jehu said:
Free streaming movies doesn't necessarily mean pirated. They could be ad-supported. I agree that asking about it and discussing the subject doesn't indicate a lack of common sense. I would like to know if there is such a legitimate service. jmho

thank you!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Calm down everyone. There's no need to take this thread in the direction that it's starting to go.

True, but the site in question had no indication of being legitimate. In fact, everything about it appeared to be exactly the opposite. That's why the link was removed. Now, let's move on from that to a discussion of legitimate sites and apps like Crackle, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, and Hulu, or else the thread will have to be closed completely.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Wow ur really smart. Thanks for your useless insulting comment. U joined this thread just to be difficult.
Real quick, then I'll move on...
Usually sites that offer movies "for free", with no little or instructions on how to use, or no about us page explaining who they are, are actually offering pirated movies. The .es extension didn't help either...a foreign site.
The site screamed of being illegal...hence my common sense comment. No offense intended. I was just making a comment that it shouldn't have to be explained why the link was taken down.
I didn't think it was fair to complain to the mods about the removal of that link. If you really want to watch pirated movies...just use Google and search. You'll find all kinds of sites. But I wouldn't recommend doing that with it being illegal and all.

Besides. The site in question seemed to be for iPhones only. So it was pointless to provide that link here, in a sea of Android phone users.

Again, no offense intended.

Crackle.com is one I found recently and it's nice. Legit and free.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
There are indeed legitimate service and I use them and am a happy customer. However, when it comes to topics such as this online, 90% of the time the OP is asking for "other services". Sites like Hulu, Netflix, etc. are very well known and are seen in ads and commercials everyday, we all know that the "good movies" on their sites are reserved for paying customers, as it is a service.

I'm not accusing the OP of this thread, but threads such as this on forums will head the direction of pirated movies 95% of the time. And as the mods have done, the link that was removed contained leaked movies and is something that is not tolerated on this forum.

I'm all for streaming movies online, as long as it's a legitimate service. Hulu Plus, Amazon, and Netflix are all great options and I'm sure I didn't mention plenty of other legitimate sites.

Last edited:

Jehu

Reaction score
It seems like streaming movies on a Droid may be a thing of the past for me. I just upgraded and part of that deal was losing my unlimited data plan. Netflix uses up 5gb with 3 or 4 movies from what I can figure.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
It seems like streaming movies on a Droid may be a thing of the past for me. I just upgraded and part of that deal was losing my unlimited data plan. Netflix uses up 5gb with 3 or 4 movies from what I can figure.

One word...WIFI.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Crackle's website works for me, I'm on it right now just to test it. The 4 movies I randomly clicked, all worked. Maybe you're missing a plugin?