A little help please

vanimal00000

Reaction score
I've just installed Liberty 2.0.1 on my X and can't seem to find where to set swype as my keyboard. I went into my keyboard in settings and there is no way to actually tell my phone to use it? Maybe I'm missing something. Also, I lost all of my contacts and I know I synched them with Google. I did a backup, two actually, before I went to liberty so I do have the option to go back. Thanks in advance for the newbish advice haha.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go in like you're going to write a text or something. On the bottom left of the keyboard is a setting icon i believe. Click that and there should be an input method box. Make sure swype is checked in keyboard settings. Unfortunately though mine doesn't work. I mean the swype keyboard comes up but when I go to swype a word it doesn't register. Maybe it will be different with you. I use swift key now. Love it

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!

drust

Reaction score
not sure on the liberty fine points.. settings > language & keyboard check to see if its checked... when it is go into a any text input area long press the message area > input method

for contacts it may take some time.. if they dont come back restore back go into contacts > import/export > export to sdcard. restore back to liberty and retrace steps. (should wait if google syncs after u import u will have double/triples) titanium backup works well to

OP
V

vanimal00000

Reaction score
Thanks guys, works great now. I had to long press before texting. The strange thing was, in my keyboard settings, there wasn't a way to choose either swype or the regular keyboard. Now I just have to figure our my contacts. They'll come back eventually over time though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think there is a way to do it online. Go to either google or verizons website and you should be able to sync there somehow. I saw this in a post from spaz. So look for him. He's around the forums. At least next time you know to export to sd.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!

DMFA

Reaction score
Long-press in a text entry box and select "Input Method."

Fooled me for a minute, too.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App