a hard case that does not scuff sides

roach

Reaction score
Evey time I took off my hard case to clean my first droid I seen more & more marks on the sides,not sure what brand it was.
I want a case that does not scratch and scuff the phone up,is there one out there.Thank's

jerryc41

Reaction score
Body Glove

Yesterday I got a Body Glove cover/holster for my X. For $30 it's a good deal. There is a plastic/rubberized shield that snaps onto the phone to protect the back and sides. That slides neatly into the belt holster, which has padding to protect the screen. It's made of the same type of rubber-coated plastic. You can carry the phone on a belt or just use the protective case and carry it in a pocket. With the BodyGuardz shield for the screen, my phone is well-protected.

Jerry

ericFuels999

Reaction score
I can vouch for the BodyGlove. It definitely makes the phone bigger, but that's a good thing with my big hands. The phone is almost too thin on its own. The BodyGlove snaps on snugly with a raised edge around the screen, buttons, and camera lens. I don't worry about dropping this thing anymore, though I still wouldn't recommend it. :)

Also, I lot of people complain about the ability to take the BodyGlove off. It's actually quite simple if you take a quarter, stick it in the recess of the case at the bottom, and twist the coin until the bottom part of the case snaps open. From there, it's easy to just use your fingers to pull the rest apart. By the way, the coin won't damage your phone - it's protected by plastic at the back of the recess, so the coin won't make contact with the device.

Hope that helps!

jerryc41

Reaction score
OK After Fall

I dropped my Droid onto a hard tile floor today, and it's fine. It fell right onto its back. I'm sure the BodyGlove case helped protect it, but electronics seem to be pretty tough these days.

Jerry

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've owned Otterbox for a couple different phone. I personally think they are the best. And they usually come in 2-3 different styles. Never scuffed phone for me.

I put Invisible Shield on my phone also to keep it from sliding around in the temp cases. Helps take up some space.

Still waiting for the release of it though. As the Otterbox thread posted above.

Chrono735

Reaction score
I had the Body Glove case for about a month now. I JUST returned it in exchange for a VZW silicone case.

The main reason why I had a change of heart was because the BG one wasn't pocketable (word?) at all. After coming from a D-Incredible, I found that the DX was at the limit so add the BG case and you do the math... The case was awesome, it just added too much bulk. I also DID get minor scratches where the phone makes contact with the inside of the case where it claps on all four corners.

I'm totally over the BG case cuz with the smaller size I can easily pocket it. The silicone IMO is hard enough and offers comaprable protection.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

wabmorgan

Reaction score
I've been using one of the tpu crystal cases off of ebay. It was cheap but it is one piece, soft and fits like a glove. Best I have found.