a good laugh (att is getting desperate)

x25064

Reaction score
So has anyone seen the latest AT&T commercial? Aside from the usual subliminal verizon bashing, one woman is holding a Droid and says "I want a cool phone!" I just about spit upvmy drink in laughter.

Really AT&T? Sounds like someones in the denial phase.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So has anyone seen the latest AT&T commercial? Aside from the usual subliminal verizon bashing, one woman is holding a Droid and says "I want a cool phone!" I just about spit upvmy drink in laughter.

Really AT&T? Sounds like someones in the denial phase.

AT&T has been desperate for a while. Their coverage sucks.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they're running out of options. Eventually they're going to need to improve their network. The iPhone still holds down the "I want shiny but I'm not tech saavy" crowd, but it's losing ground fast.

Riley

Reaction score
There's a network speed article out too about them ranking #1 out of the big 4. Funny too because my 3G speeds average 2200 kbps where I live.

roflcopters

Reaction score
I actually kind of had a nerd rage moment when I saw that commercial. Nonsensical banter if you ask me...it's not Verizon's fault the ATT network sucks.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
speed is only good if you actually have service....

blufftontiger

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 64GB
That commercial makes their customers look like a bunch of idiots. If I was an AT&T customer, I would be offended.

rawburt

Reaction score
They're definitely getting desperate with the "wheres my cool phone, bla bla"

Scribble

Reaction score
I read an article a few days ago (I forget the magazine, but it was a financial one.) In it they talked about the problem at&t is facing now...

They are raking in the money hand over fist as the only carrier to offer the iphone... but people are starting to get angry at the lack of coverage (What good is the phone if you can't use it) which we all know...

The real issue though is if they DO upgrade their network, they end up loosing out on the extra income the iphone generates.

So they're stuck- make money now, but risk loosing customers, or loose out on the advantage being the only carrier of the iphone offers in the first place, and upgrade their network.

The writer was theorizing that eventually the unlimited data plans are just going to go away as more and more people get smart phones, and eventually we'll pay for levels of service, just like voice. LAME.

rod

Reaction score
i stopped eating soup bc my map kept falling in it. damn map is too big for its own good.

cj1896

Reaction score
I would be pretty surprised if they alternate data to the same business model that their voice service is currently under. It would be very hard to change the business model as it stands now seeing that millions of people have it, know it, and love it. The first carrier to do this would get tremendously bad PR and have many of its customers "jump ship".

I read an article a few days ago (I forget the magazine, but it was a financial one.) In it they talked about the problem at&t is facing now...

They are raking in the money hand over fist as the only carrier to offer the iphone... but people are starting to get angry at the lack of coverage (What good is the phone if you can't use it) which we all know...

The real issue though is if they DO upgrade their network, they end up loosing out on the extra income the iphone generates.

So they're stuck- make money now, but risk loosing customers, or loose out on the advantage being the only carrier of the iphone offers in the first place, and upgrade their network.

The writer was theorizing that eventually the unlimited data plans are just going to go away as more and more people get smart phones, and eventually we'll pay for levels of service, just like voice. LAME.

korp

Reaction score
Link me with a youtube clip or something ... I haven't seen it but I want to laugh.

I like this one still ... [video=youtube;4nIUcRJX9-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nIUcRJX9-o]YouTube - Cingular Commercial - 'bff Jill'[/video]

Reaction score
Verizon should get Owen Wilson for a commercial. That'd be hilarious and genius at the same time. I shall call it hilarigenius.