The State Of Root For Verizon and AT&T Note 4

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
When someone can point to me the value in paying extra to get a crappy Samsung radio, inferior interface, and (okay, I'm still bitter over the crapfest that was both of my S3s) unbelievably fragile construction when you could get something built like a tank, I'll listen. Until then, I suggest everyone stay away from Samsung phones unless you're in an enterprise situation (think Blackberry territory).

My Note 4 gets better signal in my dead-zone of a house than my Motorola phones ever did. Even my S5 was comparable to Moto. The build quality of Samsung devices has improved greatly in the last year. Touchwiz, well, it is what it is. But I can't live without my bells and whistles that it gives me.

Sent from my Note 4

alderran

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Count me in to support Samsung's continuing slide into oblivion. I would never buy another phone with their crapwiz interface. I can't even use gmail to read my exchange email because their crappo exchange service conflicts with the google one. If I just had root access I could freeze it and install the google exchange service. I HATE SAMSUNG!

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Count me in to support Samsung's continuing slide into oblivion. I would never buy another phone with their crapwiz interface. I can't even use gmail to read my exchange email because their crappo exchange service conflicts with the google one. If I just had root access I could freeze it and install the google exchange service. I HATE SAMSUNG!
That's your opinion.....a bit harsh though

However, Welcome to Droid Forums!

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I wasn't all that disappointed with my S3 because I purchased it well after root was accessed. It was the first thing I looked up before I bought the phone (I purchased a Mint used phone for $400 six months after it released). I got it in the mail. Flashed CM and started restoring backups. It ran TouchWiz just about never.

When the S4 came out I passed. My S3 broke and in an emergency situation I went to AT&T and got a Moto X. Love that phone, but not at the time I don't think root was possible. As soon as I had the cash, I bought a red N5. I love this phone. It works well. Android 5.1 is cool and all, but I am not a fan of the Material Design.

I will not go back to Samsung. The S3 was easy to flash, easy for the most part to troubleshoot, and I also had an S2 Skyrocket to play with.

Moto, LG and HTC, maybe OnePlus, will likely be the only phones I will continue to buy.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I have to admit, the GS 6 Edge (or the Note Edge) has some appeal to me. Mostly because it is unique to the US flagship smartphone market. I am not really sure how functional it would be for me, but it certainly looks neat.

That being said, if there is a ton of bloat, and no way to remove it, then it would hamper my purchase.

Ccallen

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Ms-n910a
Anybody know why I get this screen during boot when playing around with root settings?

Attachments

• 1439817942599-662656119.jpg
    1439817942599-662656119.jpg
    687.3 KB · Views: 233

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anybody know why I get this screen during boot when playing around with root settings?

If this was a Nexus device that would state that the Bootloader is unlocked.

Ccallen

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Ms-n910a
If this was a Nexus device that would state that the Bootloader is unlocked.
Yeah. It's strange. Randomly comes up when I try certain root commands. New sm_n910a. Just got it a few days ago. Did the download grade and kingroot. That's all