a good app to put apps on card

OP
B

bansheegoof

Reaction score
I want to put my apps on my card and run them from there so I can free up space on my phones memory.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are running 2.2 then no 3rd party app is needed, it's a stock option with Froyo...go to settings/applications/manage appliications/choose application/move to SD card

Phillipsave

Reaction score
If you are running 2.2 then no 3rd party app is needed, it's a stock option with Froyo...go to settings/applications/manage appliications/choose application/move to SD card

Yes, you can move some this way, but the majority of apps aren't yet built to transfer to the sd card like this, so that this won't be an option for most apps at the current time in the method described above.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just because of the Custom ROM I am running but there is not one application I have installed that cannot be moved to my SD card

OP
B

bansheegoof

Reaction score
so with titanium, after i move my apps to the sd card, they then will run from the card freeing up my phones internal memory???

donerico

Reaction score
Strictly speaking, moving apps to the SD card doesn't free any phone "memory", it just frees internal storage. Unless I am running out of internal storage I do not move any apps to the SD card, that only slows down my phone in certain situations. I prefer to delete apps that I do not use.

OP
B

bansheegoof

Reaction score
My wording is off.my internal storage is almost full.there are only. A few apps I don't want.I want to move the apps to my SD card and run them from there. Will this slow down phone performance? Can I do this?

donerico

Reaction score
My wording is off.my internal storage is almost full.there are only. A few apps I don't want.I want to move the apps to my SD card and run them from there. Will this slow down phone performance? Can I do this?
I would move your least used apps, they might be a little slower to start but it is probably unnoticeable in most cases.

cheree553

Reaction score
Thank you! I have a first generation Droid X - and have been going crazy trying to find a way to move my apps to my SD Card! Finally - so simply stated - "Apps to SD" - Go to the Droid Market - Search "Apps to SD" - there it is - free installation - simple

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
I've been happy using an app called MoveToSD.

But.

The MoveToSD app only shows you apps which the developer has enabled SD support. However, the UD ROM allows you to move any [non-protected] app onto the SD card, regardless of whether the developer has allowed it.

In my case, I use the standard Android applications menu to move all my non-widget apps to SD. I just got into the habit of doing this as soon as I download an app, rather than using a dedicated "move to SD" app, which misses a lot.