893 update question

thejacked1

Reaction score
Do I have this correct..since I did the stock update to 5.5.893, acquiring the new radio/kernel, then went to th3ory2.0. Now if I flash a rom based on 5.7.893 is that everything Id get in a stock update...do I ever need to do a stock update again (assuming moto doesn't put out another kernel)?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Lloyds

Reaction score
You can always get the latest system via a custom rom. To get updated radio or kernel requires ota or a flash equivalent.

5.7.893 is out with an updated radio from 5.5.893.

OP
T

thejacked1

Reaction score
Well damn..! So gonna have to do another ota then eh? Wonder if its that much of a difference over the last one?? My data loss is limited to 1 parking lot now:)

deathwhitch

Reaction score
Howe do I get this update and what does it actually change? I'm running stock rooted 5.5.886 and when I hit the system update button it claims my device is already up to date :(

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
T

thejacked1

Reaction score
Howe do I get this update and what does it actually change? I'm running stock rooted 5.5.886 and when I hit the system update button it claims my device is already up to date :(

Read homeboy, read.

deathwhitch

Reaction score
I did and I see ota over and over (over the air) yet there seems to be no over the air update :-\ so let's try this again. Is this an actual over the air update or a leak requiring a manual install. If it's a leak then it's not over the air yet now is it......home boy

OP
T

thejacked1

Reaction score
Not ota

deathwhitch

Reaction score
Ok thanks for clearing that up, really wish everyone would quit calling it an ota update if it's a leak. Really confusing

MadBlackLady

Reaction score
You're going to dload the update and flash it manually

Hang on a sec... I gotta remove my battery again.

MadBlackLady

Reaction score
Well damn..! So gonna have to do another ota then eh? Wonder if its that much of a difference over the last one?? My data loss is limited to 1 parking lot now:)

Its not much of a difference at all. I can't tell actually

Hang on a sec... I gotta remove my battery again.

OP
T

thejacked1

Reaction score
From what I read some people ARE getting it ota though..I'm too impatient for all that :)

solution

Reaction score
Does the 5.7.893 update fix the "application not found" bug?

I updated from 886 to 5.5.893 and I'm still having that issue where an application that is installed from the marketplace sometimes goes missing after a reboot. They said that the 893 update was supposed to fix that, but I'm still having this problem. Does anyone know if the 5.7.893 update fixes this? It's starting to get a little annoying.

OP
T

thejacked1

Reaction score
Its all propaganda ! Connection issues still there, dissappearing apps, etc. That update made the camera a little faster and helped out with the data drop some...back to htc with my next phone. And maybe sprint??

seabass28

Reaction score
From what I read some people ARE getting it ota though..I'm too impatient for all that :)

The people getting it have been enrolled in the official moto owners feedback network. Basically a factory beta program.