Cant install liberty after the .893 update . Used 43v3rroot

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
im having the issues with my Bionic Beast as I like to call it ...I used 4ever root , went back in time to factory reset .. rooted the phone again then got the 893 update managing to keep root throughout the update .... however now everytime i try to install liberty i wind up in a boot loop no matter how i try to install liberty / any info how to go about it or do we the Liberated have to wait for a update to the Liberty for the new893 ??????

do i need to wipe cache and dalvik cache as well before trying to reinstall though i did a factory reset ?

Reaction score
I did EXACTLY the same thing last night, the same way!! Yes you have to clear the caches you said. Once I did that on second try it worked and I booted. The only thing that sucks now is that I think you have no choice but to do a full restore to stock again and then try liberty again. It's just a pain to have to go through it all again. Wishing they would release an updated rom so my apps don't keep disappearing, but I'm thankful they even develop for our phone and graced us with basic Gingerbread.

OP
RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
I did EXACTLY the same thing last night, the same way!! Yes you have to clear the caches you said. Once I did that on second try it worked and I booted. The only thing that sucks now is that I think you have no choice but to do a full restore to stock again and then try liberty again. It's just a pain to have to go through it all again. Wishing they would release an updated rom so my apps don't keep disappearing, but I'm thankful they even develop for our phone and graced us with basic Gingerbread.

When you wiped cache etc did you do it in CWM ? and im actually installing in that manner from CWM with the zip ...... let me know

Pankrakes

Reaction score
theres a new link from Dhacker with the .893 update with webtop. I did the same thing and kept getting and error trying to use the old one, the new one works fine in one shot.

OP
RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
so getting the update isnt the issue with me , its re installing Liberty .. it fails everytime .. has anyone done this with success ?

wilboy

Reaction score
correct me if i'm wrong...dunno if Liberty3 2.0 is base on 7.893...this might be the reason!!??

OP
RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
correct me if i'm wrong...dunno if Liberty3 2.0 is base on 7.893...this might be the reason!!??

NO it isnt based on 893 but my dumb ass keeps trying to install it cause i hear of others getting it done .. WTH im i doing wrong lol. i did everything including wiping factory reset within Bootstrap recovery etc .....i guess its a wait for an updated Liberty then lol thanks for your reply im done trying on my 10th restore with 43v3r root

wilboy

Reaction score
okay,i'll check it out later,i'll restore my backup Liberty3 2.0,this will take time because i have to backup my current ROM.

wilboy

Reaction score
So basically it cant be flashed to this official OTA correct?

Droid Bionic / Tapatalk
I can't say this..because i was (and still) on my leaked 7.893 OTA when i installed this(this means i flashed leaked OTA after installing liberty3 2.0)w/ no problem...But i heard also some other havin problem installing Liberty3 2.0 who flashes the new Official 5.893 OTA...hmmm That's weird!