4G/3G Data Loss - Not just a Bionic problem?

TatDroid

Reaction score
I don't spend much time on the Thunderbolt or Charge forums, but according to THIS POST it looks like this could be as much a Verizon problem as it is a Bionic problem. If true, it makes me wonder how much this "update" we're supposed to see in November may really help this situation...

cloudman7

Reaction score
Its the network mostly all 4G phones that come out till the end of transaction to lte r beta stage which will be by the end of 2012 when 3g foot print will covered in 4g. I had the same issue with tb but a off 4g switch fixed that. Lte is still really new but big red is expanding 4g fast.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
T

TatDroid

Reaction score
So the Razr has been out for 2 days and the data loss thread in the Razor forum is 4 pages long. Thunderbolt, Charge, LG, Bionic, and now Razr all still having major issues with data drop.

Hmmmm, I wonder what the common thread is here? What do all these phones have in common? Don't tell me. Let me think on this for a minute...

nateohio

Reaction score
This is what we've been saying all along. 4Glte us still a fairly new technology in the US, and its got some bugs that still need worked out.

atlrus

Reaction score
This is what we've been saying all along. 4Glte us still a fairly new technology in the US, and its got some bugs that still need worked out.

Nah, 4g isn't really that new in terms of technology.

The problem is definitely phone-specific, in a way that the phone doesn't work with the network, not the other way around. My proof is that I have a Bionic with 4g-3g switching issues in my house, yet my Tbolt works just fine and I have traveled with it many times from the top of the country to the bottom.
I am in no way disregarding Tbolt folks with data issues, all I am saying is that maybe their phones don't work with their part of the network.

Sure, it could be Verizon's fault for not working closer with the phone manufacturers, but I would not buy this argument in the case of Moto. Point in case - instead of fixing the Bionic being their top priority - they go ahead and launch the Razr, likely with the same issues the Bionic has. This shows me that the do not care about their customers one bit.

OP
T

TatDroid

Reaction score
I don't get your logic. Some phones work in some parts of the network, but not others. Other phones work in different parts of the network, but not other parts. But it's NOT the network?

How many LTE phones are there now, 6? How many of those are reporting high incidents of data drop, 6?

The Bionic may have some problem with its radio that is adding to the data drop issues, but it's painfully obvious that the Bionic is not THE problem. The network has issues (and a Bionic OTA update is not going to fix that)

Last edited:

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I keep reading all these data loss threads and I'm the 1%.... I always have 4G... I use wifi at work because I'm inside a steel building... when I go back outside.. my 4G ALWAYS works never had a problem... never had a problem with my droid3 on 3G either... not sying it doesn't exist elsewhere but there are people who are getting along just fine.... probly don't hear as much from us because we don't have anything to grumble about

atlrus

Reaction score
I keep reading all these data loss threads and I'm the 1%.... I always have 4G... I use wifi at work because I'm inside a steel building... when I go back outside.. my 4G ALWAYS works never had a problem... never had a problem with my droid3 on 3G either... not sying it doesn't exist elsewhere but there are people who are getting along just fine.... probly don't hear as much from us because we don't have anything to grumble about

It's not about always having 4g, it's about having 3g in a weak 4g area, i.e. when you loose 4g the Bionic should go to 3g, but in my case it doesn't. It simply stays without data until 4g is picked up again.

I don't get your logic. Some phones work in some parts of the network, but not others. Other phones work in different parts of the network, but not other parts. But it's NOT the network?

Exactly. The only constant in this is the network. If a Tbolt phone works just fine at SpotA, but Bionic doesn't work at SpotA, how is that the network's fault, when the network at SpotA is unchanged? Do you see what I'm saying?
Or a real world example. At my house my Bionic has data issues, when it looses 4g it can't connect to 3g 90% of the time; meanwhile my Tbolt works just fine switching from 4g to 3g, my Incredible is picking 3g just fine and my wife's Samsung is also picking up 3g just fine. How is the network's problem, when out of 4 phones only the Bionic fails?!?

droidrenegade

Reaction score
Well, I have not had the problem, I do have my btry drain from time to time switching from 3g to 4g, but there is one other thing that is in common the OS, I don't think that all the ph. companys making these PH. have bad QA . departments. So my thought is the system or the OS has a problem . for what its worth.

strohmoose

Reaction score
Who bought Motorola mobile? Google?

:icon_ devil:
Nah, 4g isn't really that new in terms of technology.

The problem is definitely phone-specific, in a way that the phone doesn't work with the network, not the other way around. My proof is that I have a Bionic with 4g-3g switching issues in my house, yet my Tbolt works just fine and I have traveled with it many times from the top of the country to the bottom.
I am in no way disregarding Tbolt folks with data issues, all I am saying is that maybe their phones don't work with their part of the network.

Sure, it could be Verizon's fault for not working closer with the phone manufacturers, but I would not buy this argument in the case of Moto. Point in case - instead of fixing the Bionic being their top priority - they go ahead and launch the Razr, likely with the same issues the Bionic has. This shows me that the do not care about their customers one bit.

zack27

Reaction score
data fix

I have had this problem. But there is a simple why to get it back on. Turn airplane mode on then off should get your data back right away.I know it not a true fix but it at least it not a reboot it has worked everyone I have tried it.

jughead75

Reaction score
I've posted this in another thread that was discussing the same issue of data loss. Purchased my Bionic late September and had it for two weeks before I started having issues with data drops. About three weeks ago I had no data for an entire day. Toggling Airplane mode, restarts, and battery pulls had no affect. The next day at 12 pm my data returned and I have not had a problem since and I'mm constantly moving in and out 4g coverage areas everyday. Network or phone issue?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

zack27

Reaction score
data

i think it the network im also traveling in and out of 4g to

NHRich

Reaction score
It's very frustrating. I get no data when people around me with different phones do fine. I have a bionic.:frown: