4G/3G Data Loss - Not just a Bionic problem?

zack27

Reaction score
data

Turn off your 4g when traveling. I have the bionic also

NHRich

Reaction score
4g is off. Droid Bionic has major reception problems.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
I've been of the opinion all along that this is a combination of problems with the network and the phone firmware and how it resolves choosing and handing off 3g/4g as signal strength changes. My guess is Verizon and Rotormolar are working together, as are other vendors to design a fix, thus the delay. Just my opinion.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
T

TatDroid

Reaction score
No matter how many times I heard people argue that it was a PHONE problem, I was never convinced. THIS ARTICLE offers the best explanation of the probable cause that I've heard yet.

nomadh

Reaction score
I have a bionic and it can work fairly well but something is definitely up. It can have problems either switching from 3g/ to 4g or wifi but many times does it flawlessly or at least close. Maybe switch within 10 seconds but sometimes minutes. And I suspect if I didnt play with it it would never correct. But its not just switching. First I'm not moving so it shouldn't need to switch but also: I usually have my bionic in 3g only mode. Sometimes it can stream for hours then the next day at the same location it will cut in and out all day. and thats with it locked into 3g only so no hunting between networks to worry about. From what I read I have to figure I have a pretty good bionic. Some seem worthless as wireless devices. Those are definitely defective. Seems very unlikely a firmware patch will help and if it seemed to I'd be very worried I was at the cusp of failure. Those units should be retired and resold used as handheld game stations I suppose. I got the firmware patch last week and so far I see no difference in my connectivity. I think I need a program that logs my connectivity. I suspect I'm connected >90% of the time yet many times I go to voice to text or a browser or stream pandora I have no connection so I'm reallly not sure. Maybe I'm disconnected a lot.

510As

Reaction score
I just posted about this in the Bionic tech support forum. I think there is some kind of conflict or something with the Facebook app. Removing it has fixed all my data drop problems so far... So if it is something with the FB app then that might go with what someone said on the first page of "what do all these phones have in common".

510As

Reaction score
I should add that Im running a stock DROID bionic with the most recent update-- the .905. I never had problems until that version came out