4.2 stock camera app = win

skido700

Reaction score
You can actually upload it to street view. But i still get gallery FC. I've renamed gallery2, but haven't done the lib files thing. My question is where do I find these files, what are they named, and where do I move them to?

parker34

Reaction score
You can actually upload it to street view. But i still get gallery FC. I've renamed gallery2, but haven't done the lib files thing. My question is where do I find these files, what are they named, and where do I move them to?

If you are talking about the lib files for editing here they are for download: libjni_filtershow_filters.so
All I did was move them to /system/lib and rebooted and the editing worked after that

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
4.2 camera is very smooth, really like it. Seems to focus alot more accurately as well.

Reaction score
meh, the 4.2 camera is less intuitive (most can't seem to figure out all it's functions), and there's no easy way to pull up the pic you just took.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yup seems you haven't figured out all the functions yet either Galaxy. As Prime said swiping to the left pulls up the recently taken pics along with the others in your gallery

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
One thing in just noticed. Pictures seem zoomed in even with none when taking a pic but in the gallery they turn out more normal. Gotta get used to that....

OP
combatmedic870

combatmedic870

Reaction score
update

Ive been running the new camera app for a week and it has been great! it shouuld have been like this from the get go on ICS

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
update

Ive been running the new camera app for a week and it has been great! it shouuld have been like this from the get go on ICS
My only gripe about it is that it zooms in by default then the picture is "normal" in the gallery once the picture is taken. Unless I haven't figured it out.....

Reaction score
took about 20 pics with the 4.2 camera and all pics came out blurry. took the same pics with camera fx paid app, and everything crystal clear.

the 4.2 camera blows.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
took about 20 pics with the 4.2 camera and all pics came out blurry. took the same pics with camera fx paid app, and everything crystal clear.

the 4.2 camera blows.
My pics come out pretty good

focues much better and quicker than the older version and even I need to the built in editor is even better than before

b-jammin21

Reaction score
dezymond said:
My pics come out pretty good

focues much better and quicker than the older version and even I need to the built in editor is even better than before

+1. Sounds like you have some issues Galaxy...