4.2 stock camera app = win

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Title says it all. I installed it last night and it add ALOT to the camera app. The pano sphere feature works pretty dang good. you can go side ways like a normal panorama PLUS you can go up and down(when you try it it looks jacked up until the phone processes it). Now instead of a straight pano....you can go WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE.

On the post processing side of things. You can finally change you exposure, contrast, vibrance. Adjust curves(which is awesome), push and pull shadows, adjust hue and saturation.

All in all....much much much better vs the 4.1 stock camera. DancingNexusDancingNexusDancingNexus

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've heard that there are some issue with it. Any to report?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

parker34

Reaction score

I've been using it since yesterday. The only problems I ran into were the initial setting up of the app. All I had to do was rename the old gallery2.apk and then download the post-snapped editing options and place them in system/lib. The commenters over at droid life tell you how to do it. After I got all that fixed everything has worked since then. And I have to agree that it is a very nice upgrade

cupfulloflol

Reaction score

The first version(s) of it had issues, because they weren't including all of the necessary files for certain things. The newest ones work flawlessly as far as I can tell.

Reaction score
just flashed the 4.2 gmail and clock apps. work fine too. don't use the clock app, but zoom in is nice on gmail (only took google 6 years to do it)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I may look into flashing these if I got time this weekend. thanks for letting me know everyone

droijo

Reaction score
Installed a working version a day or so ago and am not sure how the 4.2 sphere feature is suppose to work. When taking a sphere photo and after it get's processed so that you can view it in the gallery; is clicking on the sphere suppose to do anything? The 3 circles in the lower right does the editing, but is the sphere suppose to do anything or is it just there to indicate that it's a sphere picture?

Maybe this is a feature that was fixed (if it is a feature)? Just not sure, so let me know.:biggrin:

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Installed a working version a day or so ago and am not sure how the 4.2 sphere feature is suppose to work. When taking a sphere photo and after it get's processed so that you can view it in the gallery; is clicking on the sphere suppose to do anything? The 3 circles in the lower right does the editing, but is the sphere suppose to do anything or is it just there to indicate that it's a sphere picture?

Maybe this is a feature that was fixed (if it is a feature)? Just not sure, so let me know.:biggrin:

You need to get a newer version, that has all features working. [APPS][4.2] Latest apps from 4.2 - Galaxy Nexus - RootzWiki

Reaction score

lol i haven't figured out the sphere thing yet either

skido700

Reaction score
Supposedly you can upload your sphere pics to street view via Google +. Anyone figured out how that works?

parker34

Reaction score
that's all the sphere thing does? i don't tweet or facebook lol

Actually the sphere allows you to look at the photo in sort of a google streetview type way. You can pan around your sphere photo like it would have looked while you were taking the picture when you click on it.

draculam3k

Reaction score
I am loving the 4.2 camera.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2