3rd Tab In Market Was Download Until Verizon Had It's Way

leeches

Reaction score
All day yesterday the tab was downloads which I thought was much better after doing the update. The wife looked at hers and it said Verizon and when I pulled mine up it had switched. I guess all the more reason to Root.

I don't like seeing random changes to the phone when I didn't do it. The wife's old Storm had random apps showing up on her phone all the time.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Mine has always said verizon. Since launch day. Ever device I've seen said that.

Dr. Tenma

Reaction score
Are you sure your phones have updated yet completely? Mine USED to say Verizon but after the update (which I did two minutes ago) it has been Downloads.

zegolf

Reaction score
Are you sure your wife's has updated yet? Mine USED to say Verizon but after the update (which I did two minutes ago) it has been Downloads.

Mine changed back after a reboot. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with folks who manually updated, versus those who automatically updated. I did the manual method (giggity) and it WAS downloads. Then I battery pulled a few times, just to clear some things up, and sure enough "Verizon" came back.

OP
leeches

leeches

Reaction score
Yeah I decided to wait for the update to come to me. It stayed that way all day not sure if I did a reboot either. I looked down it was downloads, the wife looked a minute later, she said hers had Verizon and immediately opened my Market back up and boom, changed.

DurangoJim

Reaction score
Mine always said verizon and still says verizon. I'd prefer downloads though.

zegolf

Reaction score
my update to 2.0.1 took place just a couple hours ago. My tab say "downloads"

Have you rebooted lately? Try it a few times and see if it's still there. I'm guessing that it's always been "Downloads" in the event that this went to a non-Verizon branded phone, but the minute Big Red's network picks up on it, it changes to "Verizon".

Not that it's a huge issue. You can always just hit the menu button and get your downloads there. I actually liked the Verizon tab, because the recommended apps were all amazing.

Also. Go Hokies.

Elysian

Reaction score
Are you sure your wife's has updated yet? Mine USED to say Verizon but after the update (which I did two minutes ago) it has been Downloads.

Mine changed back after a reboot. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with folks who manually updated, versus those who automatically updated. I did the manual method (giggity) and it WAS downloads. Then I battery pulled a few times, just to clear some things up, and sure enough "Verizon" came back.

I manually updated, and I don't remember it ever saying Download... Always been Verizon...

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I did the manual update. It had the downloads tab until a reboot. Then verizon had its way.

Dr. Tenma

Reaction score
Yeah... rebooted and it's Verizon. Don't really mind, but I worry for future support. I was happy to finally get away from locked and dumbed down Verizon GUI and this seems like a step in the wrong direction... I trust Google to keep it at a minimum though.

Modulus

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a background service changing this from Downloads to Verizon, and those of you with apps killing all background services all the time are killing the one that changes that... isn't there some background service that is a hidden verizon menu? I've never seen it on my phone, and it's always had Verizon in the market...

andrewdoane

Reaction score
Mine was Verizon from launch until update. After update it went to Downloads. After reboot it's back to Verizon. Weird. I have been on the Verizon network the whole time.

vanee

Reaction score
3rd Tab

I think the 3rd tab in Market changes depending on how you access the Market, if you are using 3G the 3rd tab will say Verizon, if you have the droid connected to WIFI network then the 3rd tab will say download, I tried this before posting and that is how it worked but now I am on WIFI and it still says verizon so sorry for the misinfo

Last edited:

lauriep

Reaction score
I just did my update an hour ago, have rebooted 2-3 times, and I have "Downloads." Had Verizon before. And I am always on 3G or 1X.