Missing contacts?

scorpion12

Reaction score
I posted this in the Motorola Droid forum as well but there doesn't seem to be anyone there... Can someone enlighten me on the issue below?

Ok, we switched from Blackberry Storms to Motorola Droids through Verizon... all of our contacts were supposed to have been switched over...

My finacee's phone seems to lose contacts... she'll look under the contacts and not see who she's looking for but she'll put in the phone number and the contact information appears with the number... but it doesn't show up in the contact list. (and it is present in her contact list in her gmail account)...

What's going on?

I checked her gmail account and there are no starred contacts... they seem to just disappear on her droid until you type in their phone number and then they come back... or at least the system recognizes the contact information... she isn't on the favorites tab either... she's on the contacts tab.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the Motorola Droid forum as well but there doesn't seem to be anyone there... Can someone enlighten me on the issue below?

Ok, we switched from Blackberry Storms to Motorola Droids through Verizon... all of our contacts were supposed to have been switched over...

My finacee's phone seems to lose contacts... she'll look under the contacts and not see who she's looking for but she'll put in the phone number and the contact information appears with the number... but it doesn't show up in the contact list. (and it is present in her contact list in her gmail account)...

What's going on?

I checked her gmail account and there are no starred contacts... they seem to just disappear on her droid until you type in their phone number and then they come back... or at least the system recognizes the contact information... she isn't on the favorites tab either... she's on the contacts tab.

Try doing this. Go to contacts/menu button/import-export/Import from SD card. I'll bet they all come back.

And no more cross posting!:icon_ devil:j/k

OP
S

scorpion12

Reaction score
Sorry for the cross post... i went to delete it and it was gone!

How can we force a synch with Gmail? Her contacts are there in Gmail... just not in the phone... but the phone shows proper information when the number is keyed in...

cpinto

Reaction score

What's going on?

Yours is a common problem. When you transfer contacts from another phone, they tend not to all go to the same location. They are there, but not displayed.

Open Contacts > Menu > Display options > Open the account(s) and be sure all the groups are checked. Now you may end up with some duplicates, so it will take a little cleaning up.

This may be your problem.

Craig

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

How can we force a synch with Gmail? Her contacts are there in Gmail... just not in the phone... but the phone shows proper information when the number is keyed in...

I gave you specific instructions on how to recover the numbers. Did you try it?

cpinto

Reaction score

I gave you specific instructions on how to recover the numbers. Did you try it?

Since the contact pops up when they enter the number,I don't think that's their problem. The contacts are there, just not displayed. See my prior post. I could be wrong, but I had the same problem.

Last edited: