3G isn't working

fognlx

Reaction score
So i got a new droid today from Asurion, i opened it up turned it on, activated my number, and then immediately rooted it and put CM mod 6.1RC4 on it but when i went to add my gmail account it said it had an error connecting to the servers. So I wiped everything and did it again, but got the same problem. I had this problem before with my old phone when i first flashed CM6.1RC4 so i flashed CM6.0 and finally got it to sync my gmail account. then i noticed that there was no 3G symbol in the notifcation bar, and when i tried to use the browser, it couldn't connect to webpages. I added the toggle for 2G/3G to the power bar widget, but it's stuck on 2G, when i press it, it doesn't switch to 3G. Does anyone have any idea what i can do to fix this?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Tried toggling airplane mode?

DroidForums junkie!

mmcompute

Reaction score
I had that problem once and ended up having to swap out the phone. It was under warranty at the time.

justant29

Reaction score
If your with verizon wireless activate an older droid if none dummy esn # 13800000500. Once the one the 3g isn't working is deactivated.reactivate by *228 opt 1 .let me know

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You think the problem is in the activation?

If your with verizon wireless activate an older droid if none dummy esn # 13800000500. Once the one the 3g isn't working is deactivated.reactivate by *228 opt 1 .let me know

DroidForums junkie!

justant29

Reaction score
I've worked in a call center and had the same issue , spent an hour talking to tech support they couldnt figure it out .when i got another call i tried deactivating with the dummy esn then reactivating with the over the air activation by dialing *228 send option 1