32gb Class 6 or higher card - is there one?

droidx2010

Reaction score
I was told to get the best benefit of my 720p, I need to get a Class 6 or higher card for the Droid X. Can anyone guide me to where I can get this & is that a true statement?
What's the difference between the different classes? I just got a 32g card but it doesn't give any details on what Class this card is.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Be careful if your SD card doesn't have a class on it. I purchased a 32GB no name/no class card from eBay and it was junk. You get what you pay for I guess. It cost $20 so instead of getting mad I just tossed it in the trash and moved on with life. I've been living with my 16GB card waiting for a reasonably priced class 6 32GB card myself.

For more info:

SD Speed Class - SD Association

Last edited:
OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
Becareful if your SD card doesn't have a class on it. I purchased a 32GB no name/no class card from eBay and it was junk. You get what you pay for I guess. It cost $20 so instead of getting mad I just tossed it in the trash and moved on with life. I've been living with my 16GB card waiting for a reasonably priced class 6 32GB card myself.

For more info:

SD Speed Class - SD Association
Well - I got this directly from Verizon....ok - I think I found the class on this card. Haven't opened the pkg. yet but it looks like it's on the top right corner of the card. It says it's a class 2. Can anyone tell me where I can get a higher class (6+) to benefit the 720p? Or will class 2 be sufficient.
I want to try to use it as a camcorder when i go camping vs. bringing my Sony tape camcorder.
BTW - thanks for the link, it helped alot.

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
What bitrate do you need for 720p? Compare it to the class 2 throughput and you'll know if it's sufficient or not. I haven't seen any 32GB cards faster than class 2 from reputable sources.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Nope, no class 6. Someone claimed they got a class 6. But there weren't any class 6 for the 16gb and so there probably won't be for the 32 gb.

I don't know if they can keep up or decided that the more gb, the class doesn't matter as much.

koftheworld

Reaction score
OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
Nope, no class 6. Someone claimed they got a class 6. But there weren't any class 6 for the 16gb and so there probably won't be for the 32 gb.

I don't know if they can keep up or decided that the more gb, the class doesn't matter as much.

There are plenty of class 6 16gb cards available, and actually they have class 10 cards out of the same size. Example: Newegg.com - Kingston 16GB Micro SDHC Flash Card w/2 Adapters Model SDC10/16GB-2ADP
But, would this be adaptable to the Droid X? I'm thinking, anyway, of returning the 32gb until I decide I really need it. I'm getting buyer's remorse on 32gb.

Last edited: