32 GB SD card

tvs

Reaction score
Any suggestions as to the best SD card for the X2?
Is there a larger capacity now, or soon to be, available?

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Any suggestions as to the best SD card for the X2?
Is there a larger capacity now, or soon to be, available?

I have a 32GB class 4 that works perfectly on my X2...I don't think this phone supports anything higher then a 32GB (if they make any higher) Hope this helps with your decision.

in99flames

Reaction score
I currently run a class 10 Patriot memory 32GB microSD. Very fast and stable. I purchased it from amazon. I think It was 100 bucks at the time. This was about early March of this year. I recommend it :) Make sure you get a class 6 or higher card. Class 4 isn't so bad, but never get such a large card as a class 2. Its too slow.

If you are not sure what "class" means, here is SD speed 101 :)
The class of any microSD card refers to any SD card larger than 2GB. All cards over 2GB through 32GB are referred to as SDHC(Secure Digital High Capacity). SDHC cards have a class rating 2,4,6 and 10. The number refers to the speed in MB/sec the card is capable of reading and writing at a sustained rate. Faster card = Better transfer rates.
Class is adjourned :)

They have 64GB regular size SD but as far as I know not in micro form yet. Not only that, the largest size card our X2s are designed to take are the 32GB. It's uncertain if a larger size will work when they are available. My guess is no.

OP
T

tvs

Reaction score
Thank you, teacher. Most appreciated.

If you are not sure what "class" means, here is SD speed 101 :)
The class of any microSD card refers to any SD card larger than 2GB. All cards over 2GB through 32GB are referred to as SDHC(Secure Digital High Capacity). SDHC cards have a class rating 2,4,6 and 10. The number refers to the speed in MB/sec the card is capable of reading and writing at a sustained rate. Faster card = Better transfer rates.
Class is adjourned :)

They have 64GB regular size SD but as far as I know not in micro form yet. Not only that, the largest size card our X2s are designed to take are the 32GB. It's uncertain if a larger size will work when they are available. My guess is no.[/QUOTE]

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry to much about what class card you pick up. All your going to be using it for is music and pictures most likely, even a class 2 card can do that without a hiccup ;)

Where you will definitely notice a difference in the various classes are the speed at which you can copy files to your SD card though. A class 6 will def be A LOT faster copying files over than a class 2, but other than that there is virtually no difference.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I'd suggest a higher class. C4 32GB works well enough for everyday use in a Droid 2 Global; the gallery does hiccup sometimes though. If you're willing to drop ~$200 though, you can get one of those new 64GB SDXC micro SD cards from SanDisk. Apparently, it will read as corrupt in some phones, but once you format, you get about 57GB of usable space. It's also around C6 in speed? I don't recall exactly. The price is really its only problem.

William_04_x

Reaction score
FWIW I just got a Patriot 32GB c10 at Frys for $60. It went in my xoom and works fine.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
T

tvs

Reaction score
Thank You

For my purposes (music and photos), I think I'll stay with the 32 GB.

in99flames

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry to much about what class card you pick up. All your going to be using it for is music and pictures most likely, even a class 2 card can do that without a hiccup ;)

Where you will definitely notice a difference in the various classes are the speed at which you can copy files to your SD card though. A class 6 will def be A LOT faster copying files over than a class 2, but other than that there is virtually no difference.

I have to disagree. I have a psx emulator with the files on my card. It actually loads faster and played smoother when i tested a class two i originally had to the class 10 i have now.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums