droid and SD cards

moot

Reaction score
Will droids be able to support 64 gig SD cards then they come out? I realize that it says "expandable to 32 gigs," but I'm curious as to why droids won't be support larger capacity SD cards. Will the technology of the 64 gig SD cards be different/incompatible?

I'll be using this phone for at least 2 years, so I'd assume larger capacity SD cards will be widely available during that period.

Thanks,

Moot

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah they either just released a new 32GB card for Droid or its coming out pretty soon....but no I don't think it will ever support a 64GB card....not until there's a Droid2 I would imagine lol

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
I see, thanks for the info. Too bad about not having 64 gig SD cards, I'd like to rip a couple of seasons of DVDs to put on my droid when I'm traveling.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see, thanks for the info. Too bad about not having 64 gig SD cards, I'd like to rip a couple of seasons of DVDs to put on my droid when I'm traveling.

You know, that would be pretty cool....I was thinking "why in the hell does he need that much room?????" but now I see...lol

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
You can always purchase a few extra cards. They are very portable!

I was considering this, and would totally do it if I didn't have a case. My case is very difficult to take off, and each time I do take it off, my droid is being flexed a bit.

You know, that would be pretty cool....I was thinking "why in the hell does he need that much room?????" but now I see...lol

Yeah, when I traveling to another state, I often do not bring my laptop (It's a 17 inch gaming laptop). I would love to have a couple of shows on my droid for long bus/train/plane rides.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
One of the nice little features of my Droid case (which is actually a GPS case) is a pair of pockets for SD cards as well room for the wall charger socket, the usd cable, and my earphones.