2017 Android predictions

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the-future.jpg

We are less than a week from the new year, but before we get there I am interested to see your Android and tech based predictions for 2017.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I predict LG making the next pixel phone.

GreenWonderer

Reaction score
I predict installing security patches for Android will be faster.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
I predict verizon will still be slow as ever pushing updates

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It's a long shot and probably won't happen, but I'd like to predict that one of these Chinese (or other countries') companies that make flagship spec'd phones at mid-range prices will finally break the barrier into the US and give the big players here a run for their money. Doesn't seem like any of them have been able to crack the code. Not sure if that's just because Americans tend to not trust these devices from China because of our relationship with the country at large, or because the brand names simply aren't known, but it would really shake up the market to get better specs for less here.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's a long shot and probably won't happen, but I'd like to predict that one of these Chinese (or other countries') companies that make flagship spec'd phones at mid-range prices will finally break the barrier into the US and give the big players here a run for their money. Doesn't seem like any of them have been able to crack the code. Not sure if that's just because Americans tend to not trust these devices from China because of our relationship with the country at large, or because the brand names simply aren't known, but it would really shake up the market to get better specs for less here.
Yeah that will be tough to do considering I'm thinking we will see a change in the trade policy that will hopefully make it better for American made companies. But then again when you look at Samsung and Apple they spend a lot in r&d which is why we see that reflected in the overall phone costs. Companies that go cheap are reverse engineering and are finding ways to cut the costs which usually come in the form of lack of support, at least in relation to the bigger named companies. So it will be interesting to see how they would do that.

With that said I hope your prediction come true because we need someone else to challenge the market. The current status quo needs to get better.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Samsung is a Korean company, isn't it? I know they have some offices/etc in the States, but they're a foreign company here. It's companies like that that will be interesting if/when these trade deals come into being...

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Google will follow the pack and go no 3.5 mm jack in the next Nexus/Pixel phone. Not a stretch considering the g1 didn't have a headphone jack. Plus Google has been playing follow vs leading the pack as of late. Sadly they won't follow the other by giving the people what they want, an external SD card slot.

And I would love another Google experienced device. I think we are ready. I'll take a Google experienced Motorola or Samsung phone. I doubt that will happen in 2017 though .

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Samsung is a Korean company, isn't it? I know they have some offices/etc in the States, but they're a foreign company here. It's companies like that that will be interesting if/when these trade deals come into being...
Yeah, good point. And I we have to also take into account that Samsung supplies the parts for the iPhone.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Apple will adopt augmented reality and the industry will follow. Even though Apple's augmented reality will look like a cross between Google glass and Google VR with a software look similar to what Google has already been working on with tango.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apple will adopt augmented reality and the industry will follow. Even though Apple's augmented reality will look like a cross between Google glass and Google VR with a software look similar to what Google has already been working on with tango.

Cyberdine will be launched to counter Apple and stop the Russians from rigging anymore elections and alarm clocks. My Phone alarm didn't go off yesterday for the first time this century, went off at the wrong time this morning and I'm blaming the Russians. It was set for 6am today and went off at 640 instead. Fortunately my Note8 that I use as a backup and that Samsung and Google have abandoned went off at its correct times.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think Google's next Pixel device will really break the barrier and push them up the ladder with the big boys. iPhone 7 sales were shorter than Apple had predicted, Samsung is still the butt of some jokes, and I think it's Google's time to really take the next big step in that direction. They've heard the people speak on the current Pixel devices and will improve upon it.

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
I think nokia will come back bigger then ever now since they are free to make there own devices again

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk