2 Things I don't Like (email & picture organization)

cklepinger

Reaction score
Hello all... I have 2 things that keep me from having the droid.

1. the email will sometimes not come through... I have it set to check every 5 or 10 minutes, and there will be nights when I wake up in the morning and there will be nothing, but I have server backup notifications that come to me during the night. I have to manually check for email.. this is a big no no.. I gave the droid to my wife because of this and am now back with my blackberry. I miss the droid but this is one shortfall I cannot afford. Any fixes for this?

2. this is less severe but still annoying. on my computer I have all my pictures organized by year then month. I transfer them to the blackberry it keeps the the year and month folders intact, and I browse to the year and month when I'm llooking for pics. However when I have my droid i transfer the pics to the data card like I do on the blackberry and it will lump all the pictures together under the year folder in the media gallery. it takes my organized year and puts them all in one folder.. Any fixes to this?

sam5828

Reaction score
i dunnow but my emails come thru before i get them to my computer and it is instant. as for the pics i dunnow i have like 4 folders on mine and it works fine

OP
C

cklepinger

Reaction score
i dunnow but my emails come thru before i get them to my computer and it is instant. as for the pics i dunnow i have like 4 folders on mine and it works fine

I went back to my blackberry and gave my droid to the Mrs. and she has the same email problem I did... her email will not come instantly after a day or so.

also the folders is not what im talking about... you can't create subfolders in the droid...

if you put all your pics in folder 1 and then create a sub-folder a, b, c, ect.. it will still lump all the pics into folder 1 and not sort them in folder a,b,c..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

1. the email will sometimes not come through... I have it set to check every 5 or 10 minutes, and there will be nights when I wake up in the morning and there will be nothing, but I have server backup notifications that come to me during the night. I have to manually check for email.. this is a big no no.. I gave the droid to my wife because of this and am now back with my blackberry. I miss the droid but this is one shortfall I cannot afford. Any fixes for this?

Just about everybody I see who has this issue has it because of the way they have their email accounts set up.

If you go to gmail on line and have those email accounts forwarded to gmail, problem solved. You can even respond to your emails through gmail using the email client that sent you the mail. It's pretty self explanatory if you go to gmail settings on line and click on settings and accounts and imports.

OP
C

cklepinger

Reaction score

Just about everybody I see who has this issue has it because of the way they have their email accounts set up.

If you go to gmail on line and have those email accounts forwarded to gmail, problem solved. You can even respond to your emails through gmail using the email client that sent you the mail. It's pretty self explanatory if you go to gmail settings on line and click on settings and accounts and imports.

Interesting... then you just need to setup one account... You said If I reply to an email that was forwarded to gmail from a different account it will go back out and look like it came from that other account and not gmail as well?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Interesting... then you just need to setup one account... You said If I reply to an email that was forwarded to gmail from a different account it will go back out and look like it came from that other account and not gmail as well?

Correct. Check out the tab that I mentioned in my response and you will see how it's done.