2 gb memory card

mrgigabyte

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 8
hi all

i have a question to ask i am getting my new droid x today fed x and right now i have a lg ally with a 4 GB memory card when i order the droid it said 16 GB card but when i went to the site a couple of days later it now saids 2 GB card and my sales receipt saids it too so what i would like to know is the 4 gb card should i reformat it before putting it in the droid or leave whats on it ,it don't really matter i can start over with it, it has pictures and whatever the ally put on it or will it what to format if it does the the answer is easy

thanks mrgigabyte

eodguy2

Reaction score
4G card should work just fine w/out re formating. That sucks by the way thinking you are getting 16 card and not. Just stupid they are doing that anyway.

OP
mrgigabyte

mrgigabyte

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 8
thanks for the quick answer i figure it would be ok but i was not sure if there something that the other cell might put in that would not play nice with the droid and it does stuck because when i brought the droid it said 16 GB card but you know how that does thanks again dancedroid

xliderider

Reaction score
If you can stand to lose the content on the 4GB card, it would be best to reformat the card, once you install it in the X.

If you want to save anything like pics, just put the device in Mass Storage Mode, backup your pics, then reformat the card. Move the pics over to the card when formatting is done.

Technoman

Reaction score
I guess this is a way of reducing the price for no cost reduction. If the site showed 16gig when you ordered, I would request that they honor the 16gig card. However if you get the new pricing on the phone, it could have changed even while you were in process of placing the order.

You could pick up a 16gig card for between $39 and $50 on the internet.

OP
mrgigabyte

mrgigabyte

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 8
Hi all got my new droid and I luckout it has the 16 gb card and as far as the phone its sweet

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Craig_s

Reaction score
I would give them a call and see what you can do. I've heard of ones coming without a card and whatnot.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App