2 Basic Questions and 1 Challenger

djonathang

Reaction score
Hello All,

Two basic questions: When I'm using Gmail and Google Calendar on my Droid X, do I have to have a phone connection (wi-fi or 3G) in order to see my data? Or, does it load to a resident application/cache?

One challenger: When I send email to someone and they reply, I cannot open the email. It never happens with any other emails coming in. Just when my email address initiated the communication.

I have tried soooooo many things, but "the man" is starting to beat me down. Any ideas?

DG

kevinkar

Reaction score
I don't believe the message body is cached locally though the list of items in your inbox are. Turn on Airplane mode and see what you can and can't do in Gmail. You can compose but not send - that will be temporarily stored in your local Outbox and should send when you have a connection. Again, experiment with Airplane mode on and off.

The calendar is a bit different in that it does appear to cache events locally and allow you to create and save new ones which will be synchronized later when you do have a connection.

I've never experienced the other problem. Replies seem to open just fine for me.