Outlook/Sync/Gmail...oh my.

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by TheBrownEyedMom, Jul 26, 2010.

1. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,027
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force 2
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    To be honest, I do not use the memos/task option of gSyncIt - however, I will check the website to see if they have any screenshots that show that info...I use it primarily for my contacts and calendar entries. I do not have duplication issue and the info that I seem to need appears in both outlook and gmail...

2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,027
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force 2
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    There was quite a bit of info there on "how to" - I did not see specific screenshots but if you want to check out the website...this should be a good link..

http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/how-to.shtml

As I had said in an earlier post - here is a link that discusses most of the options available for syncing outlook, gmail, etc...this was previously posted either on this forum or the DroidX forums but was good info so I saved the page to share...

Home | syncdroid.net - because Androids need a good Outlook sync

3. clsales

clsales New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Since Google does not officially support tasks and notes sync to Android (and Android has no native tasks and notes apps), you'll generally have to go with a third party solution for a complete sync of your Outlook data. As mentioned above, syncdroid.net is a great resource that highlights all the available options.

I'm going to be a little bit biased here and suggest CompanionLink. Outlook sync works in conjunction with CompanionLink's Android app suite DejaOffice. DejaOffice for Android offers complete contacts, calendar, tasks and notes apps for the phone, and supports color-coded Outlook categories, search and sort by first/last/company name, and variable font sizes. CompanionLink starts at $39.95 (the DejaOffice app is free), and a 14-day free trial is available at www.companionlink.com/android

4. SpacemanSpiff0x0

SpacemanSpiff0x0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nobody seems to have asked this question, so I will. Who is your current e-mail provider? Some of them have apps that will do this for you. For example, Yahoo mail has an Android app.

Soocial also has a free service if you have less than 250 contacts.

Search tags for this page
gcal sync outlook

gsyncit review

gsyncit reviews cnet
sync2 or companionlink