2.3.4 TV off animation

Droidalicious88

Reaction score
Couldn't find too much in a search but does anyone know if there is a way to get the d2g to do that tv off animation when locking your phone? I wasn't sure if anyone has tried porting it over from the droid 3 or bionic..Thanks for any help!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had it on certain roms with my d1 and dX

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

louy99

Reaction score
Cyanogenmod has it...flash it!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

rusty815

Reaction score
cm7 has the animation, i dont think theres a way to put it on the stock rom, not sure though.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Simply put, it's an xml within the framework-res.apk that has a certain value in it that needs to be changed, if I remember right. You can probably just use APK Manage to decompile the apk and edit the value yourself. Just make sure to set permissions properly when you copy the file back over into the system, or else you risk a bootloop. At worst, you'll get stuck on the moto logo, making you have to sbf.

Working on it now...

Half an hour later almost, and some xml edits, I think this is it. Make a backup before you install, as it may not work. Don't forget adb to get you back into clockwork to restore. Or if you don't have that, rsd lite..

Try and flash it, tell me if it works or not. If it gives you 10% battery icons and the CRT off animation, I'll repost it under the pixel shift fix as well.

Aside from the new ones that are guaranteed to work, this one still should.
Otherwise, if you want to be safe, move to the second page or look at my sig.

Last edited:

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Since no one's said a word, I'm assuming the animation works? Along with 10% battery increments that is. Or do we have 5 soft bricks flying around?

OP
D

Droidalicious88

Reaction score
Actually didn't realize he finished it until now..anyone try this successfully??

sersoft

Reaction score
I wanna try it but I can't SBF right away if it fails because I have no micro to USB cable....

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I don't know whether I should take this guy seriously or not. Spambot I bet, so I shouldn't.

At any rate, I think the framework apk I was working with was slightly incompletely. It can probably be remedied if one of you guys beams me over a copy of your current framework-res.apk. That way, there shouldn't be any issues with missing folders. I took a look after decompiling and it seemed several folders, one containing the xml I needed, were missing. After that, I should be able to stick it into a flashable zip.

Last edited:

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I don't know whether I should take this guy seriously or not. Spambot I bet, so I shouldn't.

Spambot. If you see something like that again, hit that report button. If it turns out to be a false alarm, no biggie.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

OP
D

Droidalicious88

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm hoping this works

Last edited:

Byakushiki

Reaction score
This is the working one for 4.5.606. Tested it out, it does work.

Last edited: