D2G wifi hack

OP
Graymayre

Graymayre

Reaction score
If you want to tether...just pay the fee and do tether.....hacking your phone to get around your provider's fees is nothing but theft.

Just my opinion......

That's not an answer, but I appreciate the concern.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
Just my opinion: cell providers are f'n thieves-and every chance to screw 'em over is a win.

Now, some facts: this hack will work for D2G, though you need to be in MDM 6x00 chipset (in RSD: main/MA/common/MDM 6x00) and PST USB (settings/USB) the rest of the instructions are the same.

Though, I have only gotten this to work once out of a hundred tries on my Windows Vista 32bit, I was running on XP compatibility mode (under preferences when Radiocomm is right-clicked) and ran as administrator. Mostly though, it will return an error that no device is present when I try to rdelem. I hope you have better luck.

Edit: for D2G you'll need to be on P2K4.

Last edited:
OP
Graymayre

Graymayre

Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I run all of this stuff on XP anyway, so I may have less hassle. Oh the wonders of a dual-boot system.
I have not run the program yet, so I will reference this as soon as I am home next week...

so don't close this thread yet...

Asphyx

Reaction score
The method posted above is for the D3 so the short answer is no it won't work on the D2G.
There is another method floating around the web though that is specifically for the D2G

OP
Graymayre

Graymayre

Reaction score
Just my opinion: cell providers are f'n thieves-and every chance to screw 'em over is a win.

Now, some facts: this hack will work for D2G, though you need to be in MDM 6x00 chipset (in RSD: main/MA/common/MDM 6x00) and PST USB (settings/USB) the rest of the instructions are the same.

Though, I have only gotten this to work once out of a hundred tries on my Windows Vista 32bit, I was running on XP compatibility mode (under preferences when Radiocomm is right-clicked) and ran as administrator. Mostly though, it will return an error that no device is present when I try to rdelem. I hope you have better luck.

Edit: for D2G you'll need to be on P2K4.

HaHA! Thank you man, it worked and is killer. Now when we know how to do it with the Bionic's chipset...
Also, if you just run it in XPx86 then it is smooooth. No issues whatsoever as long as directions are followed, minus the comments of software compatibility issues.
What else can I do with this program?

:icon_ banana: < I can see this now because I am on my computer instead of the app :D

OP
Graymayre

Graymayre

Reaction score
Can this be done with the bionic? I think I've decided not to wait to get it, and if this can be done then I will get it.

Reaction score
I don't know the Bionics chipset or if it's compatible, but I'm sure we'll know soon. And you may want to do some research on early 2012 smartphone releases. There are some phones in the works slated to release in a few months that are going to put even the best on the market now to total shame. I've a poor memory, lest i'd attempt to point you in the right direction. But a simple googling or hitting android news sites should enlighten you. I was considering a Bionic until I saw what's on the horizon and realized it to be a complete waste of cash.

Last edited:

Wnclivin

Reaction score
Can this be done with the bionic? I think I've decided not to wait to get it, and if this can be done then I will get it.

This method will "work" on the Bionic, but it won't stick. The Radiocomm hack won't stick on any 4G LTE device with a 4G SIM card because the SIM card will overwrite the values we enter through Radiocomm.

Here's the tether hack method for Bionic, it's very easy:
[video=youtube;nKRwzq6Y2H8]http://youtu.be/nKRwzq6Y2H8[/video]

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I found a version of WiFi Tether that works on my rooted Droid 2 ... 2.3.3 Gingerbread. Works flawlessly.

Sent from a wireless tethered laptop via rooted Droid 2 :D

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
I found a version of WiFi Tether that works on my rooted Droid 2 ... 2.3.3 Gingerbread. Works flawlessly.

great, what version, of wifi tether
thanks

Grog

Reaction score
If you're on gingerbread, you need to do the wifi hack.

bitojoe

Reaction score
If you're on gingerbread, you need to do the wifi hack.

Or you can also Tether if your on the miui custom rom on gingerbread.
If your still on Froyo then you can tether no matter what. I use Barnacle tether, just saying.

steve113

Reaction score

Please tell me where to find it. I have tried about 3 different ones and still get blocked. I now started looking for one again because I wanted to use it to connect my Kindle Fire when I'm at work and don't have access to any wireless.

Thanks