2.3.3 or 2.3.4

Reaction score
Ive beem thinking about doing the cm7 for my x and i was reading that it was 2.3.4 and my phone is 2.3.3. Why is that. I took the update and im not rooted so whats the difference.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

GTX1

Reaction score
Its the next gingerbread update, just like 2.3.2 to 2.3.3. On the nexus s it brings the NFC chip alive and working, for us it brings various bug fixes. Just remember this is not motorolas update tree, they are still on 2.3.3, as your phone says. Cyanogenmod 7 is 2.3.4 because their update tree is re compiled every night, always updating with google. Big companies take their time.

OP
S
Reaction score
That makes since. So by doing cm7 My phone will be a ahead of the game. Im just a little nervous about it cuz my phone has 0 issues. And i dont whant to have issues. I know its a beta but still.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am waiting until it become stable. Until then, I'll stay on ZombieStomped and not have any issues...

sent from my ZombieStomped X

DJxPanda

Reaction score
I am waiting until it become stable. Until then, I'll stay on ZombieStomped and not have any issues...

sent from my ZombieStomped X

the ROM is very stable. Just because its in beta doesnt mean its not stable. The devs wouldnt have released it if it wasnt stable.

@OP, go for cm7. Its very nice. Do your research though, cuz there are a few things you can do that are helpful. Also we have the nightlies now so you can update to the latest one.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I have been on CM7 since the day it was released and I have to say that is super stable for a "beta". Yes, there are still bugs that need to be addreessed. But for now you can just flash 2 extra files and have those fixes. CM7 is true GB. It's waht GB should have been before VZW got a hold of it and made all their changes. The amount of customization in it is just crazy.