2.3.3/ home screen apps

The Country Toad

Reaction score
hello all, sorry this is my first post... not my first problem however i can usually find the answer to almost any question i have here. this ones got me stumped and i cant seem to locate a solution.
i've chalked it up to one of the typical errant issues folks are having after the new update but i wanted to see if anyone else has come across this.

i've got a dx of course with the new update.... whenever i plug my phone in to a pc, whether for charging or manipulating files,pics,notifications,media, i loose the apps on my home screens that are on my sd card. i have to manually move them back to the home screen to see them. verizon didnt have any idea. i saw a thread where verizon gave a number to motorola to a customer to call, but they didnt offer me that.
any ideas?
thanx all very much!

Beka27

Reaction score
Apps containing widgets should not be kept on the SD card. When your phone is connected to the computer, it "unmounts" the SD card, therefore the phone thinks that the info on the card is no longer available. Try moving all apps back to the phone and see if the issue continues.

OP
T

The Country Toad

Reaction score
thanx beka.... i'll try that with these apps.

point to ponder... these are apps that do not have widgets. pandora, dolphin browser, a couple of camera apps. most of the programs that i have with widgets wont let me move them to the sd card. in fact, now that i look at it... none of the apps that are on my phone dissappear, only the ones on my sd card.
i'll move them here in a bit and see if anything changes. thanx for the reply!

OP
T

The Country Toad

Reaction score
i re-read my first post............yes....all the apps on my card dissappear when i connect my phone to the pc. i know that's supposed to happen...what i meant to say was that when i disconnect the phone the apps are still gone from my home screens. before the update the apps would return after "unmounting" the phone and card.
thanx again beka! i was unclear in my first post. sorry about that.