2.2 and Bluetooth Voice Dial

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by plongson, Aug 17, 2010.

1. tojoealpha

tojoealpha New Member

Ratings:
    +0

See my edit. Maybe they need to have patience while it loads too.dancedroid

2. Telstar_2112

Telstar_2112 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also think the blue tooth voice dialing leaves a little to be desired. It does work for me but often it turns off the bluetooth just before the call connects. It also would be good if it actually showed the number it is dialing along with the name since it does make so many mistakes.

Also, when it does make a mistake, and readsback the wrong contact, it should wait for you to say "yes" or "no" before dialing. If you say no it should re-prompt you to speak again.

3. red66us

red66us New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Plantronics Voyager Pro and my Cardio S-800 both work find using BT voice dial. The Plantronics I have to hold down the call button for about a second, then the "speak now" message happens. With the Cardio, I just have to tap the call button.

4. eghostrider

eghostrider New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also think the built in bluetooth dialer is crap. I VERY rarely get the app to dial the correct contact. Does anyone know if we can replace the current app with the Google Search dialer? The Google Search Dialer has picked the correct contact everytime. I would love to configure my Droid to use the Google Search Dialer as my bluetooth call initiator.

5. giant25

giant25 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo
    I have the same problem where the phone hangs on the "Starting Up" screen and never gives me the speak now prompt. This happens usually after I successfully make a BT call, hang up, and then try to make another one. It hangs, so I back out of the BT dialer and try to dial from the handset. The BT headset is still connected but I don't hear anything out of it, except for the beep when I hang up. I have the Jawbone Prime, Droid 1, running UD 1.0.0 and Chevy ULV 1GHz kernel. Has anyone been able to make 5 or more calls back to back without power cycling the headset or phone? Anyone think a new kernel would help? Thanks.

6. cgull

cgull Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "Turd" would be a compliment to the recognition in the stock Android code. I just got a $100 Jawbone Icon and am getting <50% accuracy. What I have noticed is that there is another Voice Dialer by Nuance that I had better luck with but was replaced with this one when I installed the Fission Rom.

What is comical is that I can open Google Voice Search and say "Find restaurant with blueberry waffles" and it nails it, but voice dialer cant get "Call Bob". WTF?

7. giant25

giant25 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo
    Actually that makes sense to me. It's easier for google to discern a longer string of words than a short blurb. My voice dialing is usually really good, but I have all my contacts stored with first and last names. This makes them stand out easier. By the way, since this thread isn't dead, I switched to Project Elite ROM some time ago and all of my bluetooth troubles have VANISHED. Cyanogen and Ultimate Droid ROMs were the culprits for me.

8. plongson

plongson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well like they say, "Your mileage may vary"...I to am running PE4.2 EpicBlu and Bluetooth is still a turd. It absolutely will not work and I finally just gave up and do not travel with a SCALArider headset anymore. I'm now waiting for my contract to allow me a new phone, hopefully a BIONIC. I do know my wifes D-X works flawless. I believe rooted ROMS address artsy' fartsy' aspects of the phone and not the hard core operation of the communication portion.

Search tags for this page

android 2.2.2 voice dial

can you change the stock plantronics bluetooth headset voice dialer to a google version of voice dialer
how to use bluetooth voice dialing on android 2.2
voice dialer version 2.2.2
voice dialling android 2.2.2