1st post... can't wait for Froyo!

fab_droid

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It' great to be part of the droid community! All the more exciting with the imminent release of Froyo.

I did have a question though... I'm currently rooted and running 2.1. Will installing the OTA 2.2 update from VZW take away my root? Thanks!

bad4u

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It' great to be part of the droid community! All the more exciting with the imminent release of Froyo.

I did have a question though... I'm currently rooted and running 2.1. Will installing the OTA 2.2 update from VZW take away my root? Thanks!

Cancel the install if/when it D/L's to your phone. Wait for a properly cooked OTA rom.

Deuel

Reaction score

Depending on what recovery you have, 2.2 may be blocked. As bad4u said, you can just ignore the update notification if you get it. Better yet, you may want to check out the many 2.2 ROM's that are out now. I use Sapphire and have no issues. It's built from Google's source code that has progressed past what will be released OTA.

Great 1st post!

Last edited:
OP
F

fab_droid

Reaction score
Great - thanks for your help. The waiting begins...