143 F today on the droid...Im scared

nygh

Reaction score
Today my droid reached to 143 F while at work.

I recently DLed nemo player and '3' the cube music player. I am overclocked to 800 max 250 min.

The only other thing I have done recently is add a new nexus one background by way of an update.zip.

please help! This has never happened to me before.

tktouch12

Reaction score
wow. that is really hot. if your phone is still working i think its fine, but i would definately avoid that in the future. thats really dangerous.

JCo352

Reaction score
Try out a different kernel, some run cooler. I'm using Bekit's and my droid never goes over 100F.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You might try another kernel as jco suggested. I like my failsafe set a bit lower, since 50C is 122F. I might also recommend using the conservative governor, just because it's less stressful on the CPU. You'll experience a little but of lag, but it's better than frying the CPU...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

superglen99

Reaction score
I'm using Bekits 1Ghz and mine got to 135 today. I have profiles set but you cannot set a cpu profile, just battery temp. It happens when I do tethering and charging at the same time. i just strapped it to a fan and cooled it down quick. If possible you can turn it off and let it cool down

OP
N

nygh

Reaction score
I forgot to mention...my battery life is crap all of a sudden, too.