Droid on FIRE (not really, but hot!)

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by nygh, Apr 22, 2010.

1. nygh

nygh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used to play music on my droid at work for at least five hours a day, and the battery would last til quitting time. Now I barely can last til noon.

Additionally, the phone gets really hot (close to 120F...Im rooted running Adamz Smoked Glass Rom 6.0)

I recently installed '3' cube music player and nemo player. Beyond that, I'm not so sure what could be having the adverse effect. Any ideas?

2. bomber889

bomber889 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe the different music players are running a lot of battery. Try using the stock music player and see the difference.

3. Weapondrift

Weapondrift Member

Ratings:
    +0
    check and see if the phone is rommed to be overclocked...if it is, drop your Clocking speed down. Other then that I would recommend not using your music player for a few days and see if it still manages to heat up.

4. xliderider

xliderider Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Can your rom use a low voltage kernel? I'm running a low voltage kernel on jrummy's cyanogenmod/koush rom, and temps are lower on a low voltage kernel for sure.

5. xliderider

xliderider Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Also, I use SetCPU to toggle my CPU back down to 550 when I'm using Google navigation and playing games, so basically when I don't need all that CPU power or when the phone tends to heat up. You might want to throttle down when you se the music player.

6. akstyle450

akstyle450 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if your using SetCPU, it has profiles which has an option for lowering the cpu to a set speed if the temp exceeds a certain degree, so feel free to try that :p

Search tags for this page

droid fire